Chapter 39

They didn't speak after that. For a whole two weeks they avoided each other again and they were working on a third week. . . .

Untill Richard got involved.

The older twin marched up the stairs into the study. He didn't bother to knock and opened the door with a bang.

Sebastian didn't even flinch. "What's got you pissed off this time?"

"You and Adrien have been avoiding each other."

"We're just busy so we haven't had time to see each other."

"Excuses." Richard huffed.

"So?" Sebastian looked up, "Why are you so worried about who I spent and don't spend time with?"

"Because Adrien is an emotional roller-coaster who could fall into another memory of his past at any moment and you're just simply abandoning him."

"Way to be blunt, but I believe he's fine. And for your information, I'm not abandoning him."

Richard crossed his arms. "You don't know that he's fine."

"He's stop trying to commit suicided."

"Who says he won't try again in the future?"

"And he's talking more."

"What if he suddenly clams up?" Richard asked

Sebastian put his pen down. "You're being very negative about all of this, aren't you?"

"Why are you avoiding him?"

"It's frankly none of your business."

"Sebastian." He said in a warning tone.

"Why do you want to know? It's between me and him, you should not be worried about it."

"But I am." Richard huffed. "Adrien doesn't opened up to anyone about his past but you and you're dodging him like he's a bad omen."

Sebastian pushed away from the desk and stood. "It's a privet matter, brother."

"Then talk to him about it and quit avoiding each other like plague rats. Adrien, get in here!"

The door opened and Adrien stepped in. He gazed up at Richard and watched him leave the two alone, closing the door behind him. Sebastian sat back up and went back to what he was doing.

"How can you write like that?" Adrien asked, noticing he was left-handed.

"I asked the same about right-handed people." Sebastian smiled, looking up, "It's just natural to me as being right handed is for you." He set the pen down again. "Adrien. . . .I am very sorry for that kiss. It was never supposed to happen."

Adrien dropped his gaze to the floor. So, was he saying that because he didn't love him or simply because he was afraid of sending the boy into a panic? He glanced up as Sebastian turned his gaze to the window. From the look of it, the vampire seem. . . .hurt and sad by the whole ordeal.

His heart tied itself in a knot and his chest swelled. Seeing Sebastian in this gloomy state only made Adrien want to cheer him up. He knew what he said in the past but now. . . . .he knew he was wrong. These feelings that were starting to surface wouldn't allow him to deny how he felt.

He couldn't hesitate again. He had to take this moment.

He walked around the desk and when Sebastian turned to him, the redhead's lips suddenly landed up his. Sebastian's eyes went wide with surprise, but after a moment to recover, he closed his eyes and returned the gesture, wrapping his arms around the boy. His cool, crisp kiss sent shivers down Adrien's spine, but it also felt hot and passionate. The soft and tender pressure Sebastian was applying drowned all other senses for Adrien and he could only focus on that kiss, accidentally applying a little more presser than he realized. It was a blissful sensation that he had never felt before and for a moment, he lost himself and leaned his body up against the vampire.