Chapter 48

(Warning: This chapter contains a slight smexy scene and nosebleeds may occur. If you do not wish to read that particle part, I have pointed out where it begins and where it ends, so no complaints please. Also viewer discretion is advise)

Chapter 48

When someone is held dearest to our hearts, it’s hard to imagine life without them, let alone what one has to live after they’re gone. Sometimes dreams can be the ultimate getaway from such pain. . . .or the hellish reminder of how the heart feels.

Sebastian slowly opened his eyes and blinked. The warm air brushed the curtains hanging over the window. The harvest moon was bright and large and the sound of water was running in the bathroom.

Bemused, Sebastian sat up and found that he was in his bedroom back in Beverly Hills. But wait, wasn’t he in France trying to save Adrien? He glanced at the clock.

11:30 p.m. The bathroom door opened and he casted his gaze over to the figure stepping out of a steamy shower. The steam rolled away and a devilishly handsome red hair young man stood with a towel wrapped sinfully low around his waist. The young man looked over at the vampire with ocean blue eyes.

“Sebastian? What’s wrong?” He asked, noticing the confusion in the vampire’s eyes.

Sebastian just started at him with his jaw slightly dropped. He looked towards the window then at the bed. Surely this wasn’t real, it couldn’t be.

Could it?

Just what happened when he fell into the chasm?

“Adrien?”

“Yes?” The handsome redhead asked worriedly. He walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. “What’s wrong?”

Sebastian pressed his hand to his forehead, trying to figure it all out. “I’m. . .I’m not sure. I’m sorry if this sounds weird but. . . .weren’t we in France?” He looked up at the young man with puzzled eyes.

Adrien placed his hand gently on his cheek. “France? Sebastian, that incident was three years ago remember? Are you still having nightmares?”

He buried his face in his hands. This was so confusing! He swore he was in France with his brother and Agnés trying to save Adrien. He sighed heavily, “I don’t know what’s reality or a dream anymore.”

Adrien wrapped his arms around him. “Hey, come on. It’s all right.” He gently pulled Sebastian’s hands away and lifted his chin. “Where’s my vampire who doesn’t let this kind of thing get to him? The Sebastian I know would try to figure out what was reality and what was a dream.”

Sebastian closed his eyes and turned his head. It was just so hard to think right now. His anxiety was on the verge of making him panic. While it didn’t show, he was stressed. This couldn’t have been reality, three years don’t just up and pass by like that. You have to have some remember of the recent years and Sebastian just didn’t have memories of the pass three years after the incident in France as this ‘Adrien’ said.

Adrien cupped his face and turned his head so they were face-to-face. “Hey, what’s wrong. You can tell me.”

The vampire opened his eyes and met his eyes. “The last thing I can remember was being in France trying to save you.”

Adrien studied his eyes then a worried look casted over his face. “That was three years ago, Sebastian. We came back home and you tied up ‘looses ends’ remember?”

“But I can’t remember anything afterFrance.” Sebastian stressed. “I specifically remember trying to get you out of the castle and falling into a chasm that opened up beneath me.” He pulled away from the boy and got out of bed, now just noticing that he was in only his briefs. He moved towards the window and hung his head hopelessly. His body quickly stiffened as two hands gently ran over his back and slid around to his chest. He soon relaxed when Adrien pressed his head up against his back.