Chapter 40

It was 4:15 AM that night when Sebastian awoke with a jolt. He touched his chest but found no blood. Getting out of bed, he headed for the door when he suddenly froze, literally.

Ice formed around his ankles and slowly crawled up his legs. His bedroom door opened and the kid with the red hard and black eyes with red irises stood in the middle of the hall.

The kid smiled. "Aw, did you really think that you were awake?"

Sebastian bared his fangs. "A dream within a dream. You little monster. What do you want from me? Why can't you leave me alone?!"

The boy laughed. "Because your my ticket for revenge. I don't have a body anymore but I certainly have you. But until the time is right, I want to torment you." He laughed sinisterly.

Sebastian tried to break free of the ice, but even with his vampiric strength, the ice remained firm. 

"Hehe, feeling like a mortal yet?" The kid asked. He opened a door next to him and the body of a boy hung in the air. His body was cut and shredded, hanging over a pool of his own blood and organs.

"Adrien!" Sebastian gasped in a cold horror. "You coldhearted bastard!"

The kid cocked his head. "Am I so? This boy. . . . means so much to you, doesn't he?" He flicked his unnatural colored eyes up at the massacred body. "I wonder what would happen if you lost him? Shall we find out?"

"No! Enough of your games. I'm sick of you haunting my dreams. Who are you!?"

"Tisk. Impatient aren't we? All in due time Sebastian. All in due time." 

The ice climbed up Sebastian, incasing his body. He tried to scream, but he found that his voice was speechless in the ice.

The world around him went black and thousands of corpses suddenly fell from above, and blood started to rain down. Adrien floated down a river of blood, but Sebastian could only watch in fear as the boy cried out for help as he drowned.

He awoke again with another jolt, his body trembling. The vampire glanced at the clock.

2:45 AM.

"I swear if this is another dream, I'm going to go sleep in a coffin." He slipped out of bed and cautiously opened the door. But the hall was empty, no strange kid, and certainly no ice suddenly stopping him. He sighed with relief.

He was halfway down the hall when he heard a door opened. As he turned, Adrien stepped out of his room, hyperventilating, his pajama shirt drenched with sweat, and scared out of his wits with tears running down his face from his redden eyes.

The moment he saw Sebastian, he ran straight into the vampire's embrace.

"Hey," the billionaire coaxed softly. "It's all right, it was just a dream." He led the boy downstairs into the living room, where Petunia was reading.

She looked up. "Are you two all right? You look like you had nightmares."

"Wouldn't be the first time." Sebastian said, siting down next to Adrien on the couch. "Aunt Petunia, do you still remember how to make that herbal tea you use to make for me and Richard?"

"Of course. It's my homemade recipe. Why on earth would I forget something that I made?" She stood and gave her nephew a kiss on the cheek and gently rubbed Adrien's back. "I'll go make some for both of you."

Sebastian wiped Adrien's tears away. "You want to talk about it?"

The boy shook his head. "He's always going to haunt me."

He softly cupped his chin, "No he won't. We'll get rid of those nightmares. We just have to replace those bad memories with better ones."

"Like what?" Adrien sniffed, feeling hopeless.