Chapter 11

For how long has darkness tainted our hearts? Our minds? Our very souls? How long must that darkness torment a person till they find closure or salvation? For some, the answers lies within the problem. For others, the answers never comes unless that person opens their eyes to see the truth.

Sebastian watched as the last cooking class of the day came into the classroom. As he leaned against the counter in the kitchen, he thought about Adrien's attitude. There was just something about it that was picking at him angrily. It was totally different from when he met him on Sunday. The darkness hidden in his eyes. . . . .How can anyone live with it?

It makes you wonder what's wrong with him. Sebastian thought.

"Today for finals, I've brought a guest," said Mr. Ronald. "Don't think that this will be a lazy day, after he speaks you'll be given a quiz on everything you learned this semester. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Sebastian R. Belmont."

The students clapped as Sebastian came to the front of the room. A few girls even fluttered their eyelashes at him. 

"Thank you," said Sebastian."I'm excited to be here. I—"

"Mr. Belmont," a girl interrupted, "is true that you're single? Are you really bisexual?"

"Yes, and yes and I'm sorry, I'm not interested."

"Please keep all questions within the cooking category," said Mr. Ronald as he sat down at his desk.

"For further questions, I'm twenty-five and I'm not interested in a relationship with any arrogant and suck-up people." Sebastian casted his eye over at the girl who interrupted him. "Especially with women who think they are better than other girl and think that they're popular. Now to all you fine young ladies who seem to think I'm a drop-dead sex god, I would suggest you put away your goo-goo eyes and wipe the drool from your mouths. I'm not flattered by it and I'm sure some of you have a relationship going on."

Many girls blushed from embarrassment. Most of the guys snickered.

"Now, how many of you—"

A knock came to the door. Sebastian and the others turned there heads towards the door as a girl stuck her head in.

"Mr. Ronald." She said, "Your wife is on the phone. She says it's urgent."

Mr. Ronald stood and excused himself from the room. The students silently looked over at Sebastian. The billionaire turned to them. "Anymore interruptions?"

A boy raised his hand, "Mr. Belmont. If you're only twenty-five, then how did you become a billionaire?"

"My father is a business man and owns many restaurants in France. He also owns a few in Germany and in London. He and I came here ten years go for business opportunities." Sebastian against the whiteboard. "My father was. . . . .not impressed but I was. So I moved to Beverly Hills the moment a house went up for sale. My father had split his wealth with me and my twin brother—"

"You have a twin?" A girl asked.

"Yes, and no he is not interested." Sebastian said with a sigh, "Anyways, after I moved here, I invested in some of the local restaurants and work as a cook for nine years. Then at the beginning of this year, with the help of my brother, I was able to buy an old run-down building and now it's being taken down to be replaced for my restaurant. While we're on the subject, how many of you have been to a fine dinning restaurant?"

Only three students raised their hands.

"Okay, how many of you have been to a fast-food joint?"

Everyone raised their hands.

"Of course," Sebastian murmured. "So how many of you have made a French dish before? No one? How interesting. How would you all like to watch a professional cook make one? Say. . . . .ratatouille?"