Chapter 46

This was the plan: let Sebastian distract the clan while Agnés and Richard searched discreetly for Adrien in the dungeon and bastments. Meanwhile, Sebastian—under the name Natasha—would go around looking for Adrien on the upper levels, and if necessary, putting a dagger in Gabriel’s heart as well as Vanessa’s. 

A simple plan and to Richard, it meant going in quietly and if necessary, fighting their way out of the castle. 

A perfect plan.

What could go wrong?

They got into the small town that laid beneath the castle late in the evening and parked the rental at a friend’s house then started to make their way up the long trail to the castle.The snow barely crunched under Sebastian's bare feet, not that the cold bothered him anyway, but Moira could’ve at least found some dancer’s shoes or something to prevent the small pebbles and rocks on the road from poking at his feet. 

With his hair now dyed in the crazy color of dark ocean-green (Moira’s idea) and a few hair extensions that now made his hair dangle halfway down his back and purple eye contacts, Sebastian casted his illusion to slim his stomach, hips and covered his scent and change his voice while walking up to the gates. The moon was full tonight and had just started to rise in the sky and the snow sparked under its light. Richard and Agnés followed behind with Richard casting an illusion of his own to make it look like they weren’t there.

“Halt! Who goes there!?” Cried the Gatekeeper from the roof.

“I seek refuge for I am being hunted by vampire hunters! I am Natasha Lumen!” Sebastian called out to him.

The gates opened before him and he crossed underneath the arch way with Richard and Agnés. As they entered the courtyard, Sebastian strapped Silver wind from his waist and handed it to Agnés. Then they entered the castle.

“You know what to do?” Sebastian whispered to the air.

“Don’t be seen while checking the dungeons and the basements, yeah I know what to do.” Richard replied. “And you?”

“See the council to make my presence know as Natasha. Look for Adrien here on the main floor and on the upper levels. Anyone gets in my way, I kill them.”

“Do you really need to be that brutal?”

Sebastian fixed his veil. “Do I need to repeat myself? Look what happened when I didn’t put an end to Father and Collin.”

Richard turned as a messenger ran from one hallway up to the second floor, most likely informing the Sanctum of Sebastian’s presence. “So, you’re blaming yourself for this now?”

“No, this is still partially your fault.”

The messenger came down the stairs and joined them. His eyes accidentally fell up Sebastian’s feminine figure. “H-hello. May I ask for your name?”

“Natasha Lumen.” Sebastian replied with a sexy feminine voice. The scent of roses swept over the messenger's nose and just like that he was wrapped around Natasha’s finger.

The messenger swallowed. “Y-you’re. . . .you’re pretty tall, Miss Natasha. . .uh. . .for a lady that is. Um. . . I’m sorry. I don’t mean to offend or anything but. . . .um . . .” his eyes stoled a glance at Natasha’s breasts.

Natasha giggled. “It’s fine. It was a little alchemy experiment that had the opposite effect than it was supposed to. Instead of shrinking, it made me permanently tall. Been trying to undo it for eight centuries now. I think most men are rather fond of my hight. Wouldn’t you agree?” She leaned over, giving a clear view of her cleavage.