Chapter 32

Monday rolled around. Adrien leaned his head against the car window as Sebastian drove him to school. Because Mr. Belmont had picked up his Lamborghini, he had offered to drive Adrien to school in it. Now driving up into the school in a regular car wouldn't get anyone's attention unless you were popular. If a 2013 Lamborghini pulls up into the school parking lot, that grabs everyone's attention. 

Attention Adrien wasn't sure he was ready for. Gripping his new shoulder bag, he gazed up at the vampire. "I can't do this."

Sebastian shut off the car and turned towards him. "Yes you can, I have fate in you. You have my number and your principal said it was fine for me to get you if anything happens. Just be sure to see Mr. Finely and tell him that you're going though a family crisis."

Adrien leaned back in his seat. "A crisis? Is that. . . .what you're calling it?"

"It seemed appropriate at the time." Sebastian looked around as kids started to gather to check out the car. "Do you want me to stay?"

Adrien shrunk in the seat as he looked around. In the crowd was John and a few of his friends, and near Mr. Belmont's side of the car was Quinn, holding hands with Rosetta; Alex stood right bedside them mentioning something that Adrien believes was about the car. The redhead turned back to Mr. Belmont. "Won't you get in trouble?"

Sebastian shook his head. "Trouble? Me? Please. . . .I can't hold an illusion for eight hours straight, that'll make me pass out. But who would see a fine black mist wisp around in the corners and suspect it to be a vampire, hmm?" He grinned and unbuckled his seatbelt.

Adrien took a breath and reached out for the handle, but a sudden thought brought him into a state of panic. He shrunk back down in the seat. "I can't do this."

Sebastian reached over and rubbed his shoulder. "What's wrong?"

Adrien sucked in a breath. "What. . . .what if they ask. . . .where I was? I. . . .I can't t-tell them." He looked up at the vampire with frightened eyes.

"Just say that your family is having a crises and you wish to not speak about it." Sebastian suggested. He chucked lightly to himself. "Great, now I'm starting to sound like Richard."

The redhead took a slow breath. "Will you stay?"

"If you want me too, yes. Is that what you want?"

Adrien nodded as he undid his seatbelt, then slowly reached for the handle. The girls in the crowd started shrilling as Sebastian stepped out. Adrien took another breath and opened the door.

Rosetta tugged on Quinn's shirt and pointed over towards him. "It's Adrien. Hey Adrien! Over here!" She waved her hand to grab his attention.

Adrien glanced over at Mr. Belmont, who simply nodded with a smile. Gripping his bag, Adrien made his way over with many envious eyes following him.

"Since when are you best buddies with a billionaire?" Quinn asked.

Adrien dropped his eyes to the ground and picked at the bag strap. "I. . . um. . ."

"Never mind that." Rosetta pipped in, "Where were you? Were you sick or something?" She gasped, "Don't tell me you skipped school on purpose?!"

"That's unlikely," Alex replied. "Adrien's not that stupid."

"But he can be a jerk sometimes." Quinn commented. Adrien met his eyes and saw a disapproved look upon his face. "Is there something you want to tell us?"

Adrien shrunk inside and threw a 'help' glance at Sebastian. But instead of going over to him, Sebastian simply motioned him to come over.

"Adrien, you remember what happen last time you were with them right?" The vampire asked once Adrien was near him.