Chapter 28

Adrien laid his head against the window. The world around him flew by as Sebastian drove to the Hollywood area. On their way the downtown area, they drove passed Sebastian’s restaurant. It was far from being competed. 

Unsuspectingly, Sebastian made a quick detour and pulled into the parking lot. Adrien watched as he unbuckled his seat belt. “Where are you going?”

Sebastian looked up. “I just want to go check in on the workers. I’ll be back in a few.” He reached out for the door handle, paused, then turned back to Adrien. “If you see a bunch of kids with a baseball, try to shoo them away for me will you? I don’t want to have to pay damages for another car. And if you’re curious to where my Lamborghini is, it is still in the shop. My mechanic just got the new window in. So I should be able to pick it up in the next couple of days.”

He gave Adrien a smile the got out of the car.

The redhead watched as Sebastian crossed the street over to the construction site. Then fear struck his heart.

Mr. Horn was coming down the street and approaching Mr. Belmont.

With soul piercing eyes and slit pupils, Sebastian watched as the pathetic-excuse-of-a-man walked up to him.

“Good morning Mr. Belmont.” Collin said with a disguised smile. He held out a file, “I’m please to tell you that your order has finally arrived."

“Finally!” A construction worker exclaimed with relief.

With a fake smiled, Sebastian took the files. “Thank you. I assume the shipment is in fine condition?”

“It is.” Collin replied. He licked his dry lips then lean forward and whispered into Sebastian’s ear. “Don’t think that you’ll get away for what you did. I’ll get my son back.”

Sebastian straightened up and took a glance to see if the workers will still listening. They weren’t, so he turned his gaze back to the man. “I think I already did. I spared your life, don’t be an idiot and make me change my mind.”

“You were a fool to do so, vampire.”

Sebastian slightly lowered his brows, “So, my father finally told you, did he? Listen here, you don’t know who you’re dealing with. My advice: Don’t get into a fight with a pureblood. Because I will rip you to shreds.”

“You think I’m scared of you?”

“You’re pretty cocky for someone your age, don’t you think? I’m surprised that you would even have the balls to bed your own son instead of your wife. Oh, that’s right, she’s dead isn’t she?”

Collin grabbed Sebastian’s shirt, but the vampire grabbed his wrist and twisted it with a sense of supremacy, forcing Collin to his knees.

“You better be scared,” Sebastian retorted. “Because you haven’t seen the power that I wield under this flesh.”

“I will have that boy,” Collin sneered.

Sebastian’s eyes flashed red, “You already tore that boy’s mind into pieces. He’s on the brink of insanity. How. . . .can you live knowing that you committed one of the greatest sin a parent can make?” He tightened his grip, causing Collin to yelp. “Touch that boy and I’ll send you to your grave. Good day.”

He let the man’s wrist go with a shove. Then with the files in hand, he turned and crossed the street.

Sliding into the Tesla, he slammed the door and tossed the file into the passenger seat. . . .

Wait a second.

He glanced up, finding Adrien missing. He franticly looked around outside, trying to see if the boy had made a run down the street.