Chapter 24

“Adrien!” Sebastian ran towards the window and jumped out. His hand reached out for the boy and took hold of his arm. The ground came up fast upon them and at the last second, Sebastian turned to mist, preventing what would’ve been a nasty aftermath. He slowly reformed, allowing their feet to gently touch the ground. Adrien fell to his knees. 

Why couldn’t he just die?

“Heads up.” Richard called from above. Sebastian looked up as a blue bath robe was tossed out the window. He caught it as it fell and draped it around Adrien’s shoulders.

“Adrien, what the hell were you thinking?” The vampire asked softly.

“I can’t live.” Adrien muttered. “To. . . .to many memories.”

Sebastian helped him to his feet. “That’s no reason to commit suicide. Hey, look at me.”

The redhead looked up.

“Suicide is not the answer. It only ends up hurting the ones you love and the people around you. Plus, you don’t get to live anymore, unless you believe that you’ll be reincarnated afterwards.”

“Which is unlikely to happen.” Richard commented.

“I though you were supposed to be the motivational speaker?” Sebastian questioned, looking up at him.

The older twin sighed, “Look Adrien, I know that death may seem like a good thing but as Sebastian said, it isn’t. It brings more pain to those who know you because they’ll never see or speak to you again. The world will be full of situations were you just want to give it all up but if you get support from others, then they’ll help you lift that burden off your shoulders. 

“If you give me and Sebastian a chance to help you, you may find it easier to live with yourself. And if you replace those bad memories with good ones, then you won’t have to remember those ones at all and just focus on the happy ones.”

Adrien looked up at him with dark, empty eyes. “There’s only darkness and fear.”

“And to think, we had a nice conversation at the top of the hour.” Sebastian mumbled to himself. 

So much for making progress. He took a small breath then lead Adrien around the house and into the kitchen. The young billionaire sat the redhead boy at the table and scooted his breakfast over Adrien. 

The boy started at it with suspicion.

“It’s not poisoned. Unless Richard’s cooking is hazardous.”

“Hey!” Richard shot his brother annoyed glare.

With a chuckle, Sebastian waved his hand to dismiss the matter. Then he sat down next to the boy. “Why do you want to kill yourself so badly?”

Adrien remained silent.

“You know,” Richard started to say as he joined the others at the table. “if you keep quiet, it’s going to make this a whole lot harder.”

“There’s nothing to tell.” The boy muttered.

“Adrien, how do you expect to get better if you keep yourself trapped in this dark world?”

“The dark world is better. I’m only a toy.”

Sebastian’s fist slammed against the table, causing Adrien to jump. “You’re wrong, Adrien. You’re not a toy but a human being who’s been treated poorly. Stop thinking of yourself as that man’s toy and be your own person! It may be hard but you can’t think of yourself as a mer object. It’ll make it that much harder for you to help yourself.”