29

I look at my phone and see it's two minutes till midnight. Landon texted me that he was on his way. I hate that I have to sneak out but my parents leave me no choice. A couple of hours after my conversation with Garret, Landon texted me that he would come and pick me up at midnight so we could talk about all this bullshit about my parents. And I need to fix things with Garret. He's my best friend. Besides Chelsea, he's the only friend I have. And I would hate to choose between him and Landon. Mad or not, I know at some point I'll have to accept that he doesn't approve of my relationship. Even though that sucks.

I see headlights approach outside and I pull on one of Landon's hoodies he left me one time. It smells of him. I walk down the stairs quietly as possible to not wake up my parents. When I open the front door, I see Landon's truck and I run toward it.

"Hey babe," he says when I slide inside. I lean over to kiss him.

"Hey."

"Let's get out of here." Landon drives slowly away from my house.

"I'm so, so sorry about my mom and dad. I don't get them. They're being so unreasonable." I run my hands through my hair in frustration.

"You told them that Garret was wrong, right? That I don't do drugs?" Landon looks at me carefully and I notice that his grip tightens around the steering wheel.

"Of course. Garret is just being a jerk." I shake my head. "I thought he was my friend."

Landon rests his hand on my thigh. "Don't worry about it. Eventually, they'll come around. Nothing can stop us from seeing each other, okay? I promise."

I smile at him. He's so wonderful. I never thought that I would be so in love with another person as I am with Landon. I rest my hand on his and squeeze it. "I know. That's why I love you."

He smiles and turns his face back to the road. "I just can't be around them right now. Can't we just go to your place?"

Landon stiffens. "Um, now is not a really good time. We can just drive around or find some spot to park."

"Landon, you don't have to be embarrassed about your place, okay? I've already told you that I don't care how it looks or smells or floats." I try to joke and he lets out a little laugh.

"I know. It's not about that. I just want to be alone with you, without any interruptions." I smile at him.

"I couldn't agree more."

We don't speak for the rest of the ride. He slows down when we reach the lake. Our secret spot. Here no one can interrupt us.

"Come here." Landon pulls me over to him so I'm straddling him. My butt leans against the steering wheel. He pulls my hair behind my ear and caresses my cheek. "You and I belong together. Remember that. Nothing could ever come between us. I'm not going to let that happen." His words make me smile at him. He's being so cool about this, which makes me calm down.

I lean down to kiss him, first slowly but after a couple of minutes, it deepens. I pull his hair and his hands grab my butt. I pull his shirt off and he gives me a hungry look. I've never wanted another person so bad as I want Landon. It's almost toxic. I run my hands up and down his chest and I feel him flex under my touch. He kisses down my neck and I moan his name.

"Let's move this to the backseat, okay?" Landon says. I nod. He helps me down to the front seat. We both get out of the car and head for the backseat. Landon opens the door. "Lean down," he whispers. I do as I'm told and lean on my back on the leather. Landon crawls in and closes and locks the door. When he turns his face back to me all I see is lust in his eyes. "I love seeing you wear my clothes but right now I want them off." He leans down to pull his sweatshirt off me. He kisses me down my body until he reaches my leggings and pulls them down with my panties. He leaves my red lace bra on. He leans up a bit to zip his pants down and pulls them down enough to free his erection from his boxers. I never thought that I could get another guy to be so turned on by looking at me. Just the thought makes me want to do things I've never even thought about until I met Landon.