11

It's Saturday morning and I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I open my eyes and grab it, seeing Chelsea's name on the screen and answer it.

"Hello," I yawn.

"Well, good morning to you too. You sound tired," Chelsea says.

"Yeah, I got pretty much to drink last night, remember?"

"You didn't seem that drunk when you left. I think it's because you stayed up till late. Did you go somewhere after you left the party?"

"No," I answer with a laugh. "He drove me home."

"Care to elaborate?" She asks.

"Well, we kissed..."

"YOU KISSED?" She shouts. "Oh my God, Shelby! How was it? Tell me everything?"

I can't help but smile, thinking about Landon's lips on mine. "Why don't we go out and eat some hangover breakfast at Susie's and I'll tell you everything?" I suggest.

"I'm on my way. Be ready in fifteen minutes," she says and hangs up.

I drag my body out of bed and take a quick shower. I let my hair air dry and put on my black yoga pants and a black sweater. The perfect hangover look.

*

Chelsea and I both ordered chocolate chip pancakes with fresh-squeezed orange juice.

I share everything with her except the part where Ethan showed up and yelled at Landon since I don't want to get into the whole "Not get involved with anyone" thing and share his childhood history. Instead, I tell her that I wasn't feeling well and that made Landon worry about me, which was why he ran after me outside.

The waiter brings our food and we start eating. Or maybe craving. It tastes really good.

We talk for a bit and Chelsea tells me that Garret almost got laid at the party but he declined the girl's offer when he couldn't find me and that Chelsea witnessed a girl fight caused by a guy who apparently hasn't told them that he was dating both of them. Funny story but I feel bad for the girls. It must hurt to find out that the boy you like has been cheating on you the whole time. I hope I won't ever be the object of that.

"So, are you guys going to see each other again?" Chelsea asks.

"What?" I ask and take a sip of my orange juice.

"Duh! You and Landon? Did you finally give him your number?"

"No."

"How is he ever going to get in touch with you?"

"I don't know. He knows where I live. Or maybe we'll just meet at school." I guess I haven't really thought about it yet. How are we going to meet up? Well, if he ever wants to see me again. He didn't even ask for my number. What does that mean? Maybe he regrets kissing me.

Chelsea doesn't look amused about that. She just looks down and eats the rest of her pancakes. But she's right though. Next time I'm going to be direct with him, give him my number, ask him for his, and hope he doesn't reject me.

Yeah, that doesn't sound terrifying at all. He kissed you but wants nothing to do with you.

Shit.

*

After Chelsea drops me off, I decide to make some popcorn, get a soda, find a movie on Netflix on my laptop and tuck myself into my bed. I find a comedy and try to get my mind on something else than Landon.