41

Landon stands in front of me.

"I told you this wouldn't end well, Landon," Toby says.

"Why the hell would you bring him here?" Landon gestures to the man in the middle. He's got a scruffy beard and a couple of tattoos and scars on his face. He's wearing a leather jacket and leather boots. He's taller than Toby and Ethan, but Landon doesn't seem afraid of him.

"Flash was going to find out anyway..." Toby starts but gets cut off by the man I assume is Flash.

"Shut up!" Flash looks at Toby before he walks over to face Landon. "You're not going anywhere, Landon. You hear me? I've got eyes and ears everywhere. I own you, remember?"

Landon looks at all three of them. "Where's Nat?"

"She's not here," Toby says angrily.

"So she is free to go but not me?" Landon drops his bag to the floor.

"Nat was never part of the plan. I only agreed her to be here because of Toby, and I needed him," Flash says. "I sent her away but made sure she knew what was coming if she ever told about us." Flash looks at me. Neither of them seem affected to see my situation being tied up and gagged. "I see you've done the job for me, Landon," Flash says. He starts walking toward me but Landon gets in his face.

"Don't fucking touch her!" Landon points his finger at Flash's chest. "She's coming with me."

Flash chuckles. "You think that's wise, boy? Playing with fire? Oh wait, you already did that when you fucked her, right?" Flash laughs.

Landon fists his hands but doesn't say anything.

"Landon, you knew this was coming," Ethan says nervously. He's been standing like an idiot the whole time. He doesn't come off as confident as the others.

Landon shakes his head. "I'm done here," he says and turns to tie me up.

"You see, I can't let you do that," Flash pulls out a gun from his jacket and clicks it. I've never seen a gun before. If I wasn't already shaking I am now. "You know, I've always looked at you as a son to me. I would hate to kill my own son."

I look out the window and see it's getting darker outside. At this time my parents must know that I'm missing.

"I'm not your son!" Landon straightens his body but doesn't move. He's being intercepted by Flash and the gun. "I did my deal, Flash. I moved when you told us to. I went out to do the jobs when you needed me. That's over now. I don't owe you shit anymore."

My eyes are all watery from the tears. Their voices start to fan out like I'm on the verge to faint right now in this chair. Even though I don't say anything, Landon turns around and looks at me.

"Fuck, Shelby? Hang on." Landon holds my face to keep me upright. "Baby, look at me." Landon scans my face. I try to keep my eyes open but the dizzyness takes over my entire body. The next thing is that I start hyperventilating. All of a sudden I can't breathe anymore.

"Shit," Landon says as he removes the cloth from my mouth and begins to untie me. I finally catch my breath again as he continues untying me. I breathe so loud that it sounds like something is scratching the walls. The moment my arms are free I hug myself but don't stop crying. My legs stay on the floor when they are free from the duct tape.

Landon pulls me up and holds me in place but I don't look at him. I look at Flash, who's still aiming his gun at us.

"Come on, Landon. He's going to kill you. Both of you," Ethan says.

I flinch at the word "kill". Never in my life had I thought I would be in a situation like this. Six months ago I was just your ordinary girl, who was never in trouble. Now? I don't know what to think of my life anymore. Will I be here tomorrow?