38

These texts have been going around from both of my parents ever since I told them the truth. I would lie if I said I regret telling them, but mom's constant worry and dad's threats towards Landon if he ever steps foot near me again, are starting to drown me.

I haven't seen Landon in a month now, and I doubt he'll show up again, since his cover is blown at school. If he's smart enough, he'll leave town without even looking back.

"Your mom still sending you texts?" Chelsea asks. We are walking down the hall to get to lunch. We are meeting with Garret and the others for lunch.

"Yeah," I say and put my phone back in my back. "She's still pretty shaken by the whole thing. Me being drugged at a party, Landon being a drug dealer, Landon stalking me."

We move past a couple of footballers hollering about their next game coming up this weekend. Garret told us that this game will either be their way to a higher league or be the death of them all. Hopefully, the first option.

Chelsea eyes them and looks at me. "But you're still coming to the game this Friday, right?

I sigh. "I hope so. My parents aren't really that thrilled letting me be out that late without any supervision." We walk through the double doors that lead us to the cafeteria. "Dad wants a restraining order against Landon and a police officer to follow my every move." I shake my head. "Not really any teenager's long-term wish."

"Well, can you blame them? They are just looking out for you," Chelsea shrugs.

"I know. We'll see after a couple of weeks now. Eventually, they'll realize that they can't keep controlling me."

Chelsea and I stop tracks when we get in line for the food. "You seem so calm, Shelby." Chelsea wearies her brows. "You just don't act like you have a crazy ex-boyfriend, who's in my opinion, a sick son of a huge bitch."

"Wow, nice choice of words, Chels," I laugh.

"See, you're even laughing right now, but if I were you, I would shit a brick." She shakes her head and moves forward when the line starts moving.

"It's not that I'm not scared at all, 'cause trust me, I am! But being scared all the time just doesn't help me or anyone." After talking to my parents about the whole situation, they made sure that I could always come to them if I feel any kind of danger at school. Dad's been working at home for a couple of days, and mom has been talking fewer hours at the drugstore. Having them near me and Chelsea and Garret's backs, reassure me that I'm not alone in this. Even Brandon offered to come home for a while, but I told him no. this is his time at college, and I'm not going to let him slip that opportunity.

After we get our food, we sit down at an empty table and start eating. A few minutes later Garret and his teammates walk into the cafeteria. Chelsea waves him over at our table.