19

The next week goes fast. Landon and I sit at the cafeteria together, sometimes with Chelsea, sometimes just the two of us. Garret or the others don't join us. Nor Landon's friends for that matter. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised about that. They have made it very clear that they don't like me. I still feel pretty pumped about it but Landon always makes sure that he doesn't care. He still kisses me in front of them when we say goodbye to each other after school. We hold in hands when we walk down the hall. It all seems so great and perfect. So perfect that it actually scares me. Like something bad is soon going to happen but nothing ever happens.

Now that my parents know about Landon, he's been so sweet to pick me up for school and drive me home. Well...not always home. Sometimes we go to our spot at the lake and make out a little. Only touching outside clothes. But what my parents don't know, won't hurt them. At first, they weren't so thrilled about him driving me everywhere but after a while, they gave in. After all, Landon did make a good impression on them at dinner last week.

Landon and I are sitting in his truck, me sitting on his lap, straddled across him, my arms around his neck, my hands in his hair. His hands are on my butt and our mouths never leave each other for about five minutes. He groans in my mouth, which makes me push my chest closer to him. I move my lips from his mouth and start kissing his jawline, then his neck. I writhe my body against his. I can feel him hard under me, which probably should scare me the crap out. But Landon, who's also my boyfriend, makes it feel so good. I've never done this with anyone before and I can see why they always do this in movies. It makes everything look so damn hot.

"God, Shelby. You're driving me crazy here," Landon whispers. I continue kissing his neck and grip his hair harder. I feel his hands squeeze my butt, which only arouses me more. If my parents saw this, they would flip. But luckily, I won't have to worry about that, since we're parked in the woods near our spot.

It's like Landon's making me do all these crazy things. Makes me want to do things with him. Things I would never have done with just any guy. Now I can finally relate to all the times Chelsea's been talking about kissing a guy.

Landon lets his head fall back to his seat and exhales. "Shelby, we better stop now before it gets out of hand."

Disappointment fills me. I don't want to stop. It all feels so good. I don't want to go home and do homework. Yep, Landon's made me slag with my homework too. These last couple of days I haven't put a lot of effort into my school work but instead spend time with Landon or texting each other. Hell, even Chelsea said that I'm lovesick and turned into this bad girl who doesn't do her homework anymore. Well, that's not entirely true. I still do my assignments. I even made the entire project paper in Mrs. Teasly's class without Jacob's help, not even once did he ask me about it. I guess he isn't really a fan of me either or Landon since our first talk together. We do still sit together in pairs and read the different texts and poems Mrs. Teasly hands out in class but otherwise, we don't talk at all.

"But what if I don't want it to stop? Maybe I like doing this with you," I try and say with innocent eyes. He looks at me in disbelief, like he couldn't believe I just said that to him. Apparently, he doesn't know what he does to me.

He tugs some hair behind my ear, making me shiver. I love it when he does that. "And it drives me crazy. So crazy that I can't even think straight when I'm with you. I don't want to push you into anything. Especially not in my truck. I would never do that to you."

His words make me blush and look down at his chest. I run my hands against it, trying to calm down. Landon's chest raises as fast as mine. I must really drive him crazy. But he also drives me crazy.

I sit back in my seat and let out a huge breath. Landon laughs at me. He must sense that I'm disappointed. It's not because I want t rush things either but being with Landon...alone...in his car...him touching me and making me want things with him...it all sounds so exciting but also a bit terrifying. What if he dumps me right after? Would he ever do that to me? No, Landon could never do that to me.