15

It's been a couple of days since my talk with Landon and I haven't seen him since. I've tried texting him but with no luck. I think he's avoiding me after I tried talking to him about Ethan and what I saw the other day. Why did I even go down that road? Why did I have to open my stupid mouth? Landon didn't have to tell me anything.

Now it's Saturday afternoon and I've been in bed all day, worried that I've ruined everything with Landon. Why won't he just text me that it's over instead of ignoring me? I've texted him that I'm sorry. Why is he giving me the cold shoulder? I know he was going home to meet with his old friends, wherever that is. He's probably joking about me to his friends, telling them how naive and stupid I am.

I turn around several times, thinking about what to do next. As if God was hearing my prayers, my phone vibrates. I grab it and see that Chelsea sent a text message.

Instead of texting me back, she calls me.

"Hey, Chels-"

"We're going out tonight. I don't care how miserable or tired you are, you're coming with me." Chelsea's using her persuasive voice. The one I can never reject.

"I don't know. I've got some..."

"Don't even say the word 'homework'!" She interrupts me. "That's just going to make you more tired."

I lie my head down on my pillow and exhale. "Fine. I'll go with you. But what are we doing?"

"Oh, just some girls' stuff, you know." I guess I could use some girl time with Chelsea. It's been a while since we did that and I'm definitely not going to feel better just lying here and feeling pathetic 'cause of Landon.

When I don't say anything Chelsea continues. "I'll pick you up at eight. Dress nice."

"Dress nice? Chelsea, I thought you were talking about movie night. You said girls' night. I'm not sure I'm up for a party."

"Okay. I lied. It's not a party. Just some get together with some friends. Garret, Mason, and Jeff will be there. Oh and Kylie as well. We're meeting at Jeff's. There will probably be booze but I'm sure we can find a soda or something for you." She laughs. Thank you for your concern, Chels.

I decide that she's not going to give in, so I might as well just go. That will also give me the chance to talk to Garret. I haven't really seen him this much.

"I'll be ready at eight. See you." I hang up and close my eyes.

Yup, this will be just fine. No Landon, no drama. Just my friends and me. Great.

*

Chelsea and I get to Jeff's with an Uber. I guess she wants to drink tonight and with me not having a license yet, a cab is the only solution tonight. Chelsea told me to dress nicely but all I could find in my closet were a pair of light denim jeans and a white halter top with long sleeves and of course my Converse. My hair is down and curled a bit from my shower. I didn't feel like having too much makeup on, so I went with only some mascara.