20

Chelsea's been tormenting me with plans for this weekend since my parents won't be home the entire weekend. They are going away for that office party with my dad's work. But the party isn't here in town but a three-hour drive away.

So they leave me in charge since Brandon won't be home this weekend to check up on me. He said he was too busy with homework. I don't know what's going on over there but colleges must turn students into serious students. I guess that's good.

"We should invite the guys over for tonight." Chelsea puts a fork full of pasta salad in her mouth, making it look so damn hot with her lips. I swear that girl is trying so hard every time. And I love her for that.

"What guys?" I ask.

"Garret, Mason, Jeff, maybe Kylie wants to come." She opens her water bottle and drinks from it. "Oh, what about Landon?"

Hmm...Landon with my friends. I don't think so. It's not like I don't want them to meet him but Garret or the others haven't really been that supportive of my relationship with Landon. They joke about him and his friends all the time and I hate that. Making me so angry just thinking about it.

Chelsea breaks through my anger. "Or maybe you just want him for yourself?" She raises her eyebrow at me with a smirk.

"I don't think he would want that. Landon. To be with the other guys he hardly knows. And I promised my parents not to throw any parties or have any boys over. And that means Landon." I point my fork at her.

"Shelby, Shelby, Shelby. Rules are meant to be broken. What's the harm in having Landon coming over?"

"Um, for starters my parents could come home early or have installed hidden cameras in the house to spy on me." I brush my salad around on my plate with my fork, not feeling hungry at all.

I don't know if Landon was hoping to be alone with me in my room this weekend. After all, he was there when my parents told me they were going away for the weekend. Maybe he hoped I would break the 'no boys allowed' rule.

"Maybe inviting the guys over wouldn't be so wrong. I'll just text my mom about it, asking if it's okay." I pull out my phone to type the message but Chelsea grabs it from my hand.

"No way! Just relax, okay? They don't need to know. It's just a couple of friends coming over. It's nothing."

"If it's nothing then there's no problem with asking my parents, is it?" I arch my eyebrow at her.

"Shelby..."

"Okay, okay. I won't. But if anything happens, I'm taking you down with me."

"Deal," Chelsea laughs.

We continue eating in silence for a while but get interrupted by Chris's voice. "Hey, Chelsea. You up for some fun this weekend." He sits down beside her and leans his arm around her shoulder.

Chelsea makes a grimace at his touch and pulls away from him. "Um, no thanks. I'll manage." She continues eating her salad without even looking at him.

"You can bring Shelby." He looks at me but I look down. Not really in the mood for his charm.

"Like I already said: NO!" She rolls her eyes.

Chris lets out a breath and gets up. "Fine, fine. You sophomores aren't really that fun to be with either. Later." He walks away without looking at us. Thank God, we didn't have to put up a fight with him.

"He pisses me off so much." Chelsea shakes her head. "Did I tell you he texted me the other day if I wanted to hook up in the locker room's toilet? Ew. He's so disgusting. I can't believe I actually liked him at the party."