Chapter 35- And May He Rest in Peace

The kingdom was heartbroken when a stable boy walking back with a horse found the Kings body, bloody and almost unrecognizable from the fall. What a disappointing thing.

The Queen found the letter in her room that night. As soon as she did she rushed to his quarters to find him gone. The whole castle could hear her screams and cries. What a shame. He was so young.

The door was broken open as I sit on my knees, Margaery against me. I didn't move. Didn't rush to an explanation as to what had happened. I couldn't. How could I lie through my teeth through this one.

Such a good King.

Jaime threw a cloak over us and rushes us to my room in a silent urgency. "Clean up." He hissed and left the room so quietly I wondered if he was a ghost.

Such a promising future.

When he returned we were both dressed, prepared for whatever punishment. Cersei would go beheading with Margaery no doubt. She'd like to hang her pretty little head up on her wall for all to see. I wonder what excuse she would try to find for me. I would tell the truth. I'd rather die with Margaery than live without her.

His poor Queen.

The queen of Thorns followed him with a lack of urgency. As soon as I saw her all my fear went away. Margaery was pulled in and she collapsed under her grandmothers touch. "It's all gone away now my darling." She soothes her granddaughter with a tenderness I had never seen touch the old woman's face. "Now put on your brave face. You have a country to run."

What a tragedy.

((I keep thinking as I write them I put them out so people dm me and ask for some and I'm like bruh that already happened and I realize OH I HAVENT PUT IT OUT YET. So that's the delay in updates lmao. I JUST WANT TO PUT THEM ALL OUT UGH BUT THATS NOT HOW STORY WORK.))