36- Widow's Wail

I sat across from Margaery on the bed, her smirk clear as day. I shook my head at her cockiness and leaned in, taking her face in my hands and kissing her softly. I pull back and brush my hands through her hair. "The crown looks good on you."

She tediously pulls it from her head and places it utop my own. It lands in a tilted mess of curls and antlers. "I think I looks better on you." I shake my head and set it aside, pushing against her chest and laying her back on the bed.

"I could give two shits about the crown." I kiss her lips then trail kisses down her neck and chest, not leaving a stone unturned. She giggles as I find the ticklish spot on her neck, pulling at my tresses as I pay special attention. Her breaths turns to gasps and I know I'm doing it right.

I straddles my legs on her waist, pulling back and looking down into her brown eyes. "What does my queen command." I say teasingly. She grabs my hips, flipping us over so that she is on top. A devilish smile on her face that ignites the flame inside me.

"That you never leave." She places a sweet kiss on my forehead and then leans her head against my own.

"As my Queen wishes." She pulls away and giggles, working at my dress. But before it can slip off my shoulders a noise brings me away from the moment. A slamming door maybe. She doesn't hear it, gliding her hands over the tight corset of my dress.

"Margaery wait." I say and sit up, her form still on my lap. She lets out a groan of disappointment as I pull her to the side and stand to my feet. Fixing my dress quickly. "Did you hear that?"

"Oh come now, Aella. There is nothing to fear. We have nothing to fear anymore." She promises me, grabbing my hand and pulling me back towards the bed. She grabs my hips and holds me in front of her. "Look at me," She says in what could resemble a command, but that's not my Margaery.

I turn to her, my lips in a thin line with worry. "I won't let anyone hurt you." She promises but in my head it feels empty.

"I'm not worried about me." I sink to my knees in front of her and hold her hands in her lap. "If something were to ever happen to you..."

"Nothing will happen to me, my love. Not when I have you by my side and a crown on my head." She kisses the top of my head, easing the creeping fear inside. I nod, coming to my feet and smiling down at her.

A shriek cuts into the silence, shattering any calm there once was. Margaery is on her feet, grabbing tightly at my wrist. The scream is silenced. But it came from across the hall. Blocked my two doors. Only a muffle.

The nursery.

I realize it before Margaery does, pulling from her grasp and running out the door. My feet carry me swiftly across the dark hall. I slam against the locked door. Again and again I harass the door with my side until I have no energy left. I look around, not knowing what to do. "Call the guards." I yell to Margaery. A handmaid comes from the maiden quarter's, awoken by my struggle. She sends a swift command and the woman is running down the hall.

I think quick, rushing back into Margaery's room. Searching. Searching till I find it. Widow's Wail. A gift from Cersei to Margaery, seemingly a threat honestly, after Joffrey's funeral. A dull affair in my opinion. I grip the hilt, pulling it from its spot against the wall. It is much heavier than the swords and daggers I am used to. I hold it with white knuckles, rushing out the door and to the nursery. I slam it against the handle over and over until the metal bends. By then I hear the thundering footsteps of guards down the hall but I don't care.

I burst through the door, taking in the sight. Things have been thrown around. Strewn about by some force. Luca's wet nurse lay on the floor, throat cut with dried blood now.

Too late.

I rush to the crib that had blankets all over as if there was a struggle. A last desperate attempt. I throw back the blankets and my stomach drops.

Too late.

"What has happened!" Margaery yells as she rushes to my side. She finds the sight and lets out a loud scream. One that lasts for what seems like minutes. Widow's Wail. A blood curdling shriek that is followed by her stance breaking.

Too late.

I catch her as her knees buckle, sending her arm over the crib walls. Desperately begging as the tears fall from her eyes like a solid stream. "No no no no no!" She weeps, digging her face into my side.

Too late.

I hold her against me, staring down at the crib. Luca lay with his eyes opened wide and mouth gaped as if he was mid cry. His tiny throat covered in red as if it was his collar. His large cheeks, now drained of color, almost covered the wound.

Too late.

"You stand accused of the murder of crowned prince Luca Baratheon of the Seven Kingdoms. How do you plea?"

"Innocent."

"Lies! You liar! You killed him! You killed my baby!"

I glare down at Cersei Lannister with all the might I can muster as they pull her away. She would be executed in the eyes of the Seven. By the same gods that birthed her would send her to her death.

The Queens Justice.

((Sorry Folks))