Chapter 16- Liars Have No Mold

"Aella!" My mother says sternly as I try to leave the throne room. Of course I've been avoiding her. What else was I supposed to do. Tell her that I apologize for her slapping me and invite her for tea? She comes up beside me before I can protest and wraps her arm in mine. "I've been looking for you all over, dove. How about some wine? I was going to take dinner in my room tonight. Join me?" She acts as though nothing was wrong. So I play her game.

"Of course mother." I give her a sideways smile and muster up as much energy as I could not not scream. This castle isn't big enough to hide from my mother.

"Do you like the food? You haven't ate much." My mother says with a worried frown as she takes a long drag from her wine. I sit across from her with a full plate. How could I eat? My appetite has been gone since I watched Ned's head get sliced off like a piece if ham. Oh yeah what for dinner? Ham.

"It's lovely. Oh but I should have mentioned I ate a large lunch. I'm not that hungry." I shrug and she nods.

"At least have some wine. It's only the best for my daughter." She puts her hand on top of mine on the table and stares down. "About the other night..."

A knock at the door stops the conversation and I thank the gods silently. "I'll get it mother." I stand up and straighten my dress as I reach the door. I open it up and my whole mood falters. Well of course. Why wouldn't Pycelle be here in the middle of the night. The most annoying bastard in the red keep.

"Princess!" He announces with a confused look. He obviously was expecting a different woman. Suits the situation since I was expecting a better looking man at least.

"What is is Maester?" My mother interrupts, moving me aside and walking out the door. She closes it behind her and I groan. I sit back down at my seat and chug down the rest of my wine. Id need more to get through the night.

When the door opens again I stand quickly, awaiting news. "That little monster." She says angrily as she sits down and finished her wine. "Bring me your uncle at once!" She commands. I stumble over my chair and out the door. She clearly is upset. I watch Pycelle's retreating figure without a single struggle in his step. Best liars come in different sizes I guess. 

I find my uncle in his chambers and burst in to find him on the bed with a woman. I quickly turn away. "Could you please get dressed and hurry the seven hells up." I snap.

"Aella! What are you doing here?" I hear him stand but refuse to turn around as I hear him rattle with his clothes.

"I'm a messenger now apparently and you're the delivery." I roll my eyes. That's pretty much all I've been lately. "Mother needs to see you. It's urgent." He sighs loudly.

"Okay let's go." I walk too quick for him to keep up but he does his best. When we reach mothers room again I am immediately answered by her screams.

"You monster. Myrcella is my youngest daughter. Do you really think I'll let you sell her like a common whore?" She screams as we walk in. My eyes widen and I quickly it down. This wasn't going to be good.

"Myrcella's a princess. Some would say she was born for this." Tyrion says. I shake my head. Why would she be married before I. Not complaining of course.

"Well I don't see you selling Aella off anytime soon! I will not let you ship her or Aella off to Dorne or any other kingdom as I was shipped off to Robert Baratheon."

"Dorne is the safest place for her."

"Uncle you can't be serious..." I can barely get a word in before she yells again.

"Are you mad? The Martells loathe us."

"That's why we need to seduce them. We're going to need their support in the war your son started."

"She'll be a hostage."

"A guest."

"You won't get away with this. You think the piece of paper Father gave you keeps you safe. Ned Stark had a piece of paper, too."

"It's done, Cersei."

"No. You can't ship her off. That's not fair. I should be the one going not her." I say and stand to my feet. I can't watch another one of my family members slip away.

"No Aella. You're needed here. You're much to important. You'll be marrying someone much closer to home."

"How many bastards do you have lined up!" My mother screams once again. I shrink a little at the thought. No I can't let this happen. I wasn't made for this. Myrcella was made to be the calm and beautiful princess. I understand her marriage. I know what my uncle is saying but I refuse to accept.

"You're not selling my sister." I say calmly.

"It's done." He says with so much finality that it's almost like she's already gone.

"No." Cersei mutters and holds the edge of the table with white knuckles.

"You cannot stop it."

She sweeps glassware from the table in frustration. It shatters into a million pieces and I have to jump not to get hit.

"No!"

"Just how safe do you think Myrcella and Aella are if this city falls? Do you want to see her raped, butchered like the Targaryen children? Make no mistake. They'll mount their pretty little heads on a spike right beside yours." Cersei turns her head towards mine and the tears fall so quick I can't even reach to console her. His words make me shake as I stand to help her.

"Get out! Get out!" She screams. She moves to strike Tyrion, who recoils. Cersei turns, sits and weeps loud. I reach for her but she screams the words once again. I turn away and make a quick pace for the door with Tyrion on my tail. When we're outside I turn and push his shoulder to the wall.

"How dare you! How dare you do this to my sister. She's only a child! A baby. How dare you sell her to be a dornish man's whore!" He pulls my hand away from his shoulder and holds it in mine softly. Like he had done no wrong.

"Just like your mother, you will understand. My lovely niece please try to see it my way."

"I do. I do and that's the worst of it." I feel tears at my cheeks but I do not feel the pain I should that comes with these tears. I feel empty. Empty and alone in a castle full of warm bodies ready to be slaughtered. Myrcella shouldn't be one of them. "And what about me. What am I going to do? They will be offended you've sold the youngest daughter and not the oldest. You're sending them a girl not a woman."

"The dornish like their girls young. They will be more than happy to marry a Lannister and Baratheon woman."

"She's not a woman. Don't play it like this is all okay. Like this is her duty. It's not. She's still growing. Still a child to be nurtured not fucked." I growl and pull my hand away from his.

"Listen to me Aella. Please hear me out. You have to keep your head up. I know this is all so much but right now you can't break."

"I'm not breaking!" I scream and turn away from him. "I'm the most together person in this castle." I wipe my face and stare at the stone floor. "If I break I lose everything. I've been dealing with this much longer than you have." I turn back to him, furry in my voice. "I've been here since the day I was born. Playing the game since I left the womb. I know the twists. I know the turns. I've learned to keep my head up with stilts rather then let it fall an inch. So don't tell me once more how to survive."

"Aella. You're too smart for this place. Come with me. Let's talk elsewhere." I watch as he waddled back towards his room. Wondering if I should follow or go back to my room. Or jump off the balcony. All seem like good options.

I decide to hear him out.

- Suggestions? Let me know what you think! Comment please! Also thanks for 1k reads. I'm gonna try to get back into this one :) -