Chapter 14- Sell Sword Are Always Sell Swords

Cersei pulls me into her chambers, practically throwing me into the room.

"Why would you so that?" She hisses.

"Don't tell me you wouldn't have done the same if I were not there." I bite back and sit on the edge of the bed. I hold my hands together in front of me to stop the shaking.

"He is my son I would have had no repercussions-"

"As he oh so loves to remind us, he is the king. You are not above his wrath like you think." I glare at her and he eyes soften.

"I won't let him hurt you again." She looks as if she is gonna cry. She sits next to me and pulls me close to her. "I have failed you." I don't speak. If I say she didn't I would lie.

"From this time until the end of time, we are not part of your realm, but a free and independent Kingdom of the North." Cersei rips up the paper that held the contents of Robb Starks demands. I cringe as she does. "He has more spirit than his father, I'll give him that."

"You've perfected the art of tearing up papers." Tyrion says in spite.

"Give him the bones of his father. At least that." I say desperately.

"You'll give the Starks our reply, cousin?"

"I will, Your Grace." The boy with blonde hair nods frantically. He seems frightened. With two gold cloaks beside him I don't doubt he is.

"Did you see my brother when you were the Starks guest?" She seems desperate. I look to Varys. He seems annoyed. I narrow my eyes at him and he smiles at me.

"I did. They have not broken his spirit, Your Grace."

"If you speak with him, tell him he's not been forgotten."

"I will, Your Grace."

"Safe travels." I mutter as he exits the room followed by the two gold cloaks.

"You have a deft hand with diplomacy." Tyrion sips his wine as he speaks calmly. His sarcasm never failing.

"If that's everything?" She ignores his comment.

"A raven flew in this morning from Castle Black." Maester Pycelle interupts, holding out a letter. Tyrion reaches for it but I grab it out of the air. My heart jumping at the fear of news about Jon.

Varys watches me intently as my eyes scan the scroll. "Trouble with the wildlings?"

"That's why they're called wildlings." Baelish puffs out.

"Somewhat less wild these days. It seems they've stopped killing each other and started following this King-Beyond-the-Wall."

Cersei scoffs. "Another king? How many is that now, Five? I've lost count."

"The Lord Commander asks that we send more men to man The Wall." I mutter our as I read, searching for any news on Jon.

"Perhaps he's forgotten we're fighting a war. We have no men to spare."

"Cold winds are rising, and the dead rise with them." I quote. My heart feels as though it stops.

"The northerners are a superstitious people." The Maester says, stumbling over his words. Cersei nods to dismiss everyone. Everyone but Tyrion and I stand up to leave.

"According to the Commander, one of these dead men attacked him in his chambers. Mormont doesn't lie." I read in surprise. Is Jon okay? Was he hurt?

"How do you kill a dead man?" Varys asks as if to put down the superstition more.

"Apparently you burn him." Tyrion comments, reading over my shoulder.