Chapter 38- Blind Justice

"She was there. I know it. But look at her."

"She's perfectly clean. Untouched."

"That's not possible."

"And what of Tommen?"

"He did not suffer, My Queen. Died when he hit the stone."

"How is she?"

"She hasn't woken up since it happened."

"Heal her. Now."

The sounds blur once again and there is darkness. A heavy blanket of silence. I feel awake but at the same time I'm nowhere. A feeling I could never explain.

My memories come flooding back.

"Margaery!" I screamed through the columns of fire. I pushed foreword. I expected pain but I felt nothing. Nothing at all. All I could see was the most brilliant green that has ever been created. The feeling washed over me like waves beating down on the spiked rocks below my balcony. Margaery. Margaery. Margaery.

She's dead. I couldn't lie to myself. She's dead. And I was for sure dead. That must be where I am. Hell or Heaven. Or nothing. Maybe the nonbelievers were right. That now I must be poisoned with slivers of life in this blank world. My best guess. Hell.

No. No there was more. I had more to do. I couldn't be in hell now. No I still had something. A thirst. One that clawed at my throat. A scratch I needed to itch. I dreamt then. And I finally realized this must be sleep. Some strange sleep that I would wake up from.

I saw the flames again. Columns of green flame rose all around, and in the midst of them was the dragon. It turned its scaled body with great ease. When its eyes were in front of mine I could see myself in the volcanic magma that were it eyes. And within myself I saw the fire staring back.

I will not die. Not here. Not now.

I sit up with trickles of sweat running down my back. I don't sit up with a gasp or a heavy breath. I stand easily, taking in my surroundings. I'm in some room that isn't mine. It's clear Maester Pycelle has been about. I look down at my hands. They're right. I look untouched. Unharmed. Unburnt.

But I know. I was in that fire. Burning next to Margaery. But here I am. Alive and well. Funny how things work. One was supposed to die there and instead there was many. How many people died. How many people did she kill.

I find clothes stuffed into a dresser. I put on riding pants and a flowy white shirt. If someone took a glance they'd think I was a ghost. And maybe I was. Maybe I was dead. Roaming the halls now lost and trapped. All I know is that I am lost. I pick up one of the scalpels that was placed on a side table. I hold it in my hands tightly. Waiting.

When the door opens I rush it like a caged animal. I'm faced with a wide eyed, red faced Pycelle. I don't hesitate. I swear I will never hesitate again. I stab the scalpel into his chest. He lets out a yell, falling backwards in shock as blood pools around it.

I step over him. I look around to see where I am. I've known these halls since I could walk. Every twist every hidden shadow. Every inch of this castle. It is mine.

I find my room without seeing a single person. Maybe I was the last one here. Maybe Pycelle had poisoned them all and it was just me. But I knew I wasn't that lucky.

I searched for the blade I had made, melting down Widow's Wail in secret after Luca's death so I could protect Margaery. So much for that. Steel can't break fire. I pick up the pair of valerian steel daggers with a scaled hilt that went out into two dragon heads. I wondered why I chose dragons. What had gone through my head. Beautiful creatures they were. I was obsessed. But all children were weren't they. A gem of amethyst was pressed in the middle of the hilt, almost see through in the bright sun.

I loop them on my belt, walking from my room like I wore the crown. My head held high and back straight. "M'lady." I hear a meek voice. I turn to see a servant, her eyes wide and skin pale. "You should be in the infirmary."

"Where is Cersei?" I ask with utter calmness.

"In the Throne room, M'lady. For her coronation." She informs, voice shaky.

"What of Tommen? He is old enough to rule." I give a raise to my eyebrow. Then the words from when I was asleep come back to me.

"He's gone. After the fire at the Sept... the one you were in. He jumped from his room. He thought you were dead." My heart sinks, but I can mourn later. No. Not now.

I nod and turn away. "Where are you going?" She asks allowed, confusion laced in her voice.

"To see my mother."

I walk into the throne room as the crown is placed on her head. She got a new one made. I couldn't blame her. She was not a Baratheon. Never was. Never will be. The Baratheon were gone now save from myself. The words die in the announcers throat as he sees me. Everyone follows his eyes as I walk towards the Iron Throne.

"This isn't the first time a murderer has been crowned I guess." I say aloud, staring her down. Her eyes mix with emotion. Anger. Sadness. Regret. Love. A whirlwind that all leads to the same thing. Fear.

"My little dove, I'm so glad you are okay."

"When I come to collect what is rightfully mine I will leave no injustice unpunished. No crime not dealt with. I will not place a murderer on the throne. Someone who took a babe from its mother at the age of three moons. No woman who killed her husband and good sister and a whole house in one swift cut. I will repay you all with blood if it's the last thing I do. I will not sit and be your pretty princess anymore. I will be your Queen."

((Chapter 45.))