Chapter 6- What is a Home When I am Always Afraid

I look up at the keep and sigh. It's been a while and nothing has changed. Just the same old place with the same untrustworthy people. I slow my horse as I enter the gate. I turn to Jaime who smiles at me. We are a few hours ahead of the Starks. They decided to stay for a bit longer to get their bearings. Understandable. Poor butchers boy. He didn't deserve that.

"Are you glad to be home Aella?" Jaime asks and looks at the castle. I shrug.

"It was nice to be away I guess. See something different,"

"You can't really be missing the north can you? That retched place. Trust me. You will realize you are a lot happier here." He helps me off my horse and hands the reigns to a servant. He holds me close when he helps me down and whispers into my ear "It better not be about that Stark boy. I saw the way he looked at you."

"What are you talking about?"

"Ned's heir. You know your mother wouldn't be happy if you did something." He raises an eyebrow and I burst out laughing.

"You think I would waste my life for a Stark!" No. But I would for a Snow.

"I'm glad we see eye to eye." He pulls back and walks to the keep. "I'll be seeing you later. Will you be joining us the council meeting today?"

"Not today. I have other matters to attend to," I smile at him and walk towards the gardens. I had been given right to attend a few meetings. Mostly for Jon Aryon when he was hand of the king. My father made me some sort of a ward for him. Getting me into the meetings so that I could participate on his behalf. My brother never knew about this. That was my mother's idea. I needed to learn how to serve the country Incase something were to happen to Joff and Tommen. I would be next in line. My mother wanted me to have some power so when she was gone I still had a chance. Joff snd Tommen could succeed. I might not.

I find my room after walking around for a while alone. No guards or hand maidens. Just me and the calm quiet of the garden. I enjoyed these times.

"Aella" I turn to see Joffrey and his sadistic smile.

"What is it brother?"

"The Stark bitches are here. Thought you would like to see them," I approach him and grab his arms, holding tightly to the wrapping on his arm. pinching at the skin. He yelps and squirms, looking up at the hound who simply turns away.

"Do not speak of those girls like that. You have put them through enough. No need to make it worse."

"You don't ever touch me again!" I twist at the bite and he yells again.

"Joffrey. My sweet brother. Leave them alone. Leave me alone. And go kill a couple puppies if you wish to get your anger out." I pull away and walk towards the hall I knew the girls were staying at. I left him shocked, mouth wide open and hugging his arm to his chest.

Finally, I find them. Sitting around a table. Arya stabs a knife at the table and stares at Sansa. I walk in and place a hand on Arya's shoulder.

"Good afternoon girls." I say. "Septa," I give a small curtesy. She stands and bows to me. "You can leave us,"

"But." I raise my eyebrows and she nods, walking out of the room. I sit down in her chair and look between Sansa and Arya.

"What are you doing Arya?"

"Practicing. To kill the prince,"

"Arya! I already told you. He didn't do anything. It was the hound who killed Mycah. Stop blaming my Prince!" Sansa yells at her.

"Sansa. Arya. Stop it now. There is no reason to fight. You two are all you have here and you can not turn against each-other."

"I have you." Arya says. "I don't need her."