Chapter 29- The Lion and The Rose

"But it's a natural thing, two boys or two girls having a go at each other beneath the sheets." Olenna's words echo in my ear as I lay next to Margaery. My fingers glide up and down her bare arm as she sleeps peacefully.

"Perhaps Highgarden has a high tolerance for unnatural behavior." Tywin Lannister's words are the ones I hear next. This all is a nightmare. News of King Robb's death traveled quickly. Now that the King in the North is dead the wedding between Joffrey and Margaery has been quickened. Tonight was the last night we had together. Just us. No Joffrey hanging above us.

"My Love? What's wrong?" Margaery says. I snap back, never noticing her wake and sit up.

"Sorry. I was just in thought." I says as I shake away the tiredness from my eyes.

"Is it about Sansa again? I told you I did everything I could to stop that wedding." She looks at me with big brown eyes. She cups my cheek and sighs.

"It's not your fault." I assure her and hold her hand against my cheek so she wouldn't pull away. "You will be married in just a few hours."

"Oh yes. I can't wait." She chuckles and rolls her eyes. "I've told you. Nothing will change between us."

"You won't be just mine."

"I'll always be just yours."

We all sit at a banquet table outside in the gardens. I wore a long flowing dress of yellow. Red and black embroidery to showcase both my houses. I watch intently as Mace Tyrell offers a cup to the king and queen to be. "From House Tyrell and the people of the Reach, Your Grace, it is my honor to present you with this wedding cup." He places the cup before Joffrey. "May you and my daughter Margaery drink deep and live long."

"A handsome goblet, my lord. Or shall I call you Father?" Joffrey responds with a smirk.

"I shall be honored, Your Grace." Mace bows before returning to his seat. Pod places a large tome before Joff and my uncle walks to the front of the table.

"A book?" Joffrey says distastefully

"The Lives of Four Kings." Grand Maester Kaeth's history of the reigns of Daeron the Young Dragon, Baelor the Blessed, Aegon the Unworthy, and Daeron the Good. A book every king should read." Joffrey is at a loss for words. Tywin entreats him to respond. I hold in my laugh at his shocked look.

"Now that the war is won, we should all find time for wisdom. Thank you, Uncle." He responds with a nod. The Mountain is next, bringing forth a sword and lays it on the table before Joffrey. Our grandfather stands to present his gift.

"One of only two Valyrian steel swords in the capital, Your Grace, freshly forged in your honor." Excitedly, Joff walks around the table. Exuberantly, he unsheaths the sword.

"Careful, Your Grace. Nothing cuts like Valyrian steel." Pycelle adds. Oh I wish. I wish he would fall upon his own sword. Bleed to death in front of us all.

"So they say." Joffrey steps away, then spins and cleaves the book that Tyrion just gave him, repeatedly. I jump a little at the sudden noise. People gasp in response. Joff looks very pleased. "Such a great sword should have a name. What shall I call her?" People shout out names for the king and I just stare at the destroyed book.

"Widow's Wail. I like that. Every time I use it, it'll be like cutting off. Ned Stark's head all over again." Joffrey sheaths the sword. My eyes find Sansa. Her face is dejected and broken. He sits down next to Mace and everything is silent. A dark tense silence.

I watch as Margaery walks down the aisle with her father on her arm. She looks at me as I stand at the front. Her eyes seem distant but when they find me they fill with sparks. Mace hands her to Joffrey and all the sparks disappear. The pair continues up the steps to the High Septon. He places a cape over her shoulders. The colors of our house. They clasp hands and they are bound together.

"Let it be known that Margaery of House Tyrell and Joffrey of the Houses Lannister and Baratheon are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder." His words strike me like a knife. One flesh. One soul.

One heart. Margaery had my heart. Would this mean that Joffrey would have it too. "With this kiss, I pledge my love." They kiss, sending a burning rage through my body. The crowd applauds.

We have a new Queen.

((Sorry for the short chapter but here we are.))