Chapter 2- The Feast

I laugh loudly at Jon as he imitates my brothers scowl. We had shared many stories and jokes on our walk. We walked around for a long time. I knew where we were supposed to go, he purposely led me the longest way possible. Was it that he wanted to spend time with me or that he simply wanted to get me lost so that I wouldn't know my way back and he could-

No. I trusted him. He was of Ned Stark's blood. They all had great honor. My mothers voice rang in my head, telling me to trust no man. Because in the end they are all the same. Is she right? We finally approached my room and I turned to him. He stopped and smiled at me. He had beautiful eyes. A calm grey storm over the sea. "This is your room. You seem to know that already." He raises an eyebrow and I shrug.

"Lucky guess," I smirk at him and lean forward, giving him a small kiss on the cheek. "I appreciate the help greatly. Till tonight, Snow."

"And you, Princess." I lean against the door and smile softly once it is closed. Maybe this trip could be fun.

"Ow!" I exclaim as my maid, Rae, pulls at my hair tightly.

"Sorry Princess, I'm trying my best but you have so much hair."

"Just leave it down. Please. Two braids around my head and one down the back. That is enough isn't it? Keep It out of my face?" She thinks for a moment before allowing my wish. I didn't feel like hurting my head with the large and heavy styles we wore in the south.

I stand and look down at my heavy black dress with gold trimming and broidering. A golden stag of my house is embroided on the hem of my dress. I look in the mirror and sigh. I fear that tonight will not be a good night. I already know I am late. The feast had begun and I still had not made my entrance. I guess my walk with Jon took longer than expected.

I wrap the gold cloak around my shoulders and quickly leave my room and rush down towards the dinning hall. As I approach I see Jon. He is stabbing at a dummy. I see my uncle walk into the feast hall. I start to follow him but decide to talk to Snow first.

"Would you like to join me for the feast Jon Snow?" I ask and put out my arm. He looks at me with anger but as he sees who I am he smiles softly.

"I would love to. But I am sorry. Lady Catelyn thinks It would be wrong for a bastard to join the royal family in feast," I furrow my eyebrows. How could that be?

"But you have Stark blood. You are just as much Stark as your brother Robb."

"Not everyone sees it that way my lady." I frown and approach him.

"Come with me."

"I- "

"I command you to come with me, Lord Snow." He looks down and places his sword beside the dummy he was attacking. I lock arms with him and give him a soft smile. He returns it and walks with me towards the door. He stops in front of it and thinks carefully. "It will be okay, Jon.  Lady Catelyn won't say a word. And if she does... you come to me."

We walk into the feast hall and the music stops. Everyone looks between Jon and me. I feel Jon's fear but I pull him towards the tables the Baratheon and Stark's sit at. I nod at the musicians and the song plays back. I smile up at lady Catelyn and my mother who both share the same disgusted look. Mother shakes her head softly at me but I just turn to Jon.

"How have you been? We only left eachother for an hour or so but I'm still curious on what you've been up to since. Thinking of me?" I tease him. He shuffles nervously. I feel somthing furry rub against my legs and I look down to see Ghost. The beautiful white direwolf with great big red eyes. I hadn't heard him come in her. Or seen him in general. A Ghost if you will.

"I've just been practicing. I plan to join the nights watch you see."

"A great honor." I bite my lip and pat ghosts head nervously. "Has this always been your plan?" He shrugs.

"I don't belong here. The wall will be the only place I could truly be apart of somthing." I take a gulp of my wine and shake my head.

"This isn't true Jon. You may have the name Snow but you are a true stark. Even if Catelyn doesn't think of you as so." I glance up at the stark lady. She stares daggers into Jon like it was his fault I dragged him in here. She must assume he wiggled into my head and made me do it. I had to change her mind.

"I'd like to believe you but I will alwasy be a Snow." He says, I turn to him and glare.

"I don't think you will." I put a hand on his lap and give him a reassuring look. He tenses but stares into my eyes. After a few seconds be puts his hand on mine and returns his smile. I can feel his fear leave him and his confidence returning.

I look over at my brother who smirks at the Stark girl. I glare at him. He catches my eyes and winks. I shiver and pull away from Jon. "I'll be right back. My mother wanted to speak to me," he nods and turns to his brother Bran who sat close to us and the little girl Arya who watched me intently. I nod to her, smiling. She seems strong.

I lean over to Sansa "My mother might want to talk to us. I heard about you and my brother. We might be living under the same roof if we're lucky." She looks up at me with bright eyes full of wonder and excitement. I hold out my hand for her and she stands. We walk to the podium where my mother and Catelyn sat. Sansa smiles shyly and bows. I nod my head to Catelyn who smiles at me thankfully.

"Aella, darling." My mother acknowledges me and turns back to Sansa. "Hello, little dove." she examines her and smiles a little. "But you are a beauty. How old are you?"

"Thirteen, Your grace." she says and smiles. She is a very pretty young lady. Too bad her beauty may be wasted on a boy like Joff

"Not that far from my eldests, I see. I hope you and my daughter can be great friends."

"I would like that very much." She looks at me and I give her a small smile.

"I as well," I look to Catelyn. "Don't worry about her if she ends up coming south with us." I lock arms with Sansa, "She will be in good hands."

"I thank you my dear." Catelyn looks at me thankfully. I may not be a mother but I can't imagine sending my child away.

"You're so tall. Taller than my daughter. Still growing?" My mother asks curiously.

"I think so, Your Grace."

"And have you bled yet?"

"Mother!" I whisper yell, the poor girl is obviously uncomfortable. She looks between the Queen and her mother. Catelyn shakes her head softly.

"No, your grace." She stammers and holds onto my arm tighter. My mother nods, taking in the information.

"And your dress. Did you make it?" She changes the subject. The girl gains back some light and nods. "Such talent. You must make something for me." She turns to me and nods.

"Come on Sansa, lets go enjoy the feast!" I say and pull her along. I leave her at her seat and she makes eyes with Joffrey. Stupid girl. I hope she can come to her senses. I move to sit next to Jon who talks happily with his younger siblings. I can feel my mother's eyes on my but I ignore it. I sit closer to Jon, just to spite her.

"Did lady Catelyn say anything about me?" He asks when I return, he noticeably tenses as I lean close to him.

"She didn't say a thing. Looks like you will live Snow."

"Well then I'm glad." He sits taller and smiles down at me.

"Watch this!" Arya announces to me. She waits for me to watch before launching food into Sansa's face. I can't help but let out a laugh.

"Nice shot." I congratulate. I watch as Robb, their eldest son walks over to pick the little girl up. She whines and reluctantly lets him hoist her up. The boy's blue eyes catch mine. He smirks a little and I wiggle in my chair uncomfortably.

If it wasn't for my mothers convincing, I would have married him. My mother wasn't going to sell me off and leave me in the north. She would die before that would happen. She was crazy and manipulative but I loved her. So much.