Chapter 30

~~~EMMA'S POV ~~~

"Better sit down. What I have to tell you is crazy. You'll think I'm insane, but it's the truth nonetheless." I say.

Hook looks at me weirdly, but still does what I tell him to do.

I sit back down on the table and look deeply into his eyes. I take a deep breath. Hook is carefully glancing at me with worry.

"So, I'm not actually Emma. Well, I am Emma, but not the one you know. I'm from the future and so is that little cutie in your arms." I stop talking then. I want to give him some time now to let that information kick in.

And by the looks of it, he really needs this.

His lips are parted and he looks pretty confused despite being from a realm with magic. So, apparently I'm not the only one who easily gets freaked out by magic sometimes.

"You're from the future?" He asks surprised. I can tell that he believes me though. I love that about him. He always has complete faith in me and treats me like I'm the greatest treasure - no matter which time or universe we're in. Except the stupid wish realm, but that was supposed to be a nightmare, right?

Mine and Killian's love is just so strong, that it can even survive time travel and evil authors, who want villains to win in life. Our love even survived death. We're true love and Zeus approved.

That's why I wasn't afraid to tell him everything. I know he won't cause trouble. And what does it matter, that I have to erase one more person's memory now?

Maybe I should've even told him earlier. Then, me and Hope could've visited him all the time and she never would've had to be so sad.

He might even be able to figure out how to get us home. If I can be certain about one thing, it's that my pirate is very resourceful. Especially, when it's about something that benefits either me or Hope.

Now, I have more hope again.

I just believe that with Killian's help I can get through all of this. Together we can defeat anything. That's the way it's always been.

"Yes. I'm from the future." I say.

"And Hope is from the future, too?" He asks me. Is he really going to repeat everything I just told him? This will take a while, but I'm not complaining. Any excuse to spend more time with him is welcome.

I nod. "Yes. She's my daughter."

He smiles, but then something in his expression changes. He freezes for a moment.

Hook looks at my hand once again. Then, his gaze moves towards Hope, who is sleeping soundly in his arms. He has a soft smile on his face once again.

He looks back up at me - his gaze dropping to the rings on my hand multiple times. There is a certain vulnerability in his eyes. I recognise it from the echo caves - the first time he told me that he was falling in love with me. He looks at me the exact same way now.

Did he figure everything out?

"Swan, is she- Is Hope-?" He stammers.

He did figure it out, didn't he? There's no harm in telling him then.

"Yes. She's your daughter, too. She's ours."

He smiles brightly and looks down at the sleeping bundle of joy. A few tears run down his face. I can tell what he's thinking right now. How the bloody hell did I get so lucky?

When in reality the question should be mine. Killian and Hope are the best thing that's ever happened to me and I wonder every single day, how I got so lucky.

In the past - when no one cared about me in the slightest - I never could've imagined my future. It's just too perfect. Like it's some unrealistic romance novel - a fairytale, perhaps?

"I love you so much, little lass." Hook says to Hope. He still looks at her with so much adoration and love. The tears still flow.

I smile at the picture in front of me. It's just so adorable.

Who would've thought that in this timeline, the fearsome Captain Hook would be so soft with his baby daughter?

I didn't doubt it for a second. I know him too well for that. Even back then, I knew him pretty well. I just never would've admitted it to myself.

But we knew each other from the moment we first laid eyes on each other. We're like kindred spirits - bonded by our awful pasts and maybe by our love for leather.

Hook then looks up at me with big eyes. He looks at my hand again. He's going to ask now, won't he?

"Swan, are we courting? Or are you wearing those rings because we have a child together?" He asks.

Courting, right. He still uses that word at times. It's a weird word, honestly.

"We're married." I correct him. "And no. It's not just for Hope's sake." His whole face lights up like a Christmas tree. "So, don't you worry about Emma and you. Sure, she will push you away for quite some time. But you won't give up and she'll realize, that you are serious about her unlike everyone else before. You'll end up together, so no worries."

"Is this you telling me not to give up on her?" He raises his eyebrow.

"No. There's no need for that. I know you won't give up."

Hook smiles softly. "So you really do trust me. I never would've thought that would happen, but it's obvious now. You trusted me enough to tell me the truth about this and you're also letting me hold our daughter. You sure though, that this won't change the timeline, Swan? We can't risk anything happening to this little love right here." He looks at Hope.

"I will find a way back home. And before I leave, I'll erase everyone's memories of us. That should solve the problem. You're going to help me get back home."

His head shoots up and he raises his eyebrow. "Me? How am I supposed to help you, Swan? I don't even have magic."

"I know. But we're a great team, so we'll figure something out. Together." I smile at him and run my hand softly over Hope's head, brushing Hook's arm in the process.