Chapter 44

~~~ EMMA'S POV ~~~

As I fall through the portal, I clutch Hope tightly to my chest, making sure I don't let her fall. I can't risk that. Who knows where she would end up all on her own?

I also think of Killian and our life together - our happy beginning. I think of what was supposed to be this morning - Hope's first sailing trip to visit Elsa. It's going to be so fun.

Suddenly, the portal spits us out and I land firmly on my back. I look down at Hope, who is wide awake now. She doesn't start crying though, so I assume, she didn't get hurt during the fall.

I then explore our surroundings. We're clearly at the docks. Good.

The only question is when?

I look at the Jolly Rodger and see Killian working on a sail up on the deck. He has his back to us, but I can tell, that he's wearing the same clothes he was wearing this morning. I suppose that means we made it back home.

It's in that moment that I begin to sprint towards the ship without a second thought. I fly up the stairs in record time.

Killian turns at the creaking of the wood caused by my feet and smiles as soon as he spots us. I run into his waiting arms. "Killian." I say happily.

"Hello, my love and my little love." He runs his hand softly over Hope's head.

It is really him!

We successfully found our way back home.

I stand on my tiptoes and kiss Killian hungrily, overcome with emotions. I missed him so much. It's been a long few weeks without my Killian.

He groans softly as he pulls away. "Easy there, Swan. We've got company." He looks down at our sleeping angel in my arms. How she already managed to fall asleep again amazes me.

I chuckle and peck his lips three more times.

Then, I glance at Hope, too. Her eyes open at that moment and she smiles happily, while reaching out her hand to Killian. She coos softly.

Killian releases me from his arms and I put his baby daughter into his waiting arms.

As soon as she's settled there, he kisses her forehead.

I smile at the sight.

This is it - home. I've missed it so much. I missed seeing these two of my true loves together.

I step closer to Killian and put my arm around his back. My other arm envelops Hope. I rest my head on my husband's shoulder.

"I missed you so much." I say as a tear falls down my cheek.

"I missed you, too, my love." He kisses my forehead. "But I must admit, you are acting a bit strange. Is everything alright? We saw each other just a few minutes ago and everything was fine then."

His voice is laced with worry.

"It hasn't exactly been just a few minutes. We took a little detour..." And then I tell him everything from our little time travel adventure.

Once I'm finished with my recap, Killian looks at me – completely stunned. "Wow, Swan. That's quite a tale. Looks like our little love is quite the pirate – always looking for a new adventure."

I chuckle. He's right. I haven't even thought of it.

"Well, what did we expect? We are pirates, too." I say teasingly.

"Prince and Princess of the Sea." Killian adds with a smirk and I chuckle, while shaking my head. He's never going to let me live down the moment, when my dad mentioned that I'm a princess and that made our wedding a royal affair.

I put my head back onto Killian's shoulder and sigh happily.

"Going back in time did make me remember, how we didn't really get along at first." I say. Killian looks at me with an eyebrow raised. He's probably wondering, why I'm telling him this. "I'm glad that's changed. I can't imagine my life without you, now, I don't even want to imagine it. Those few weeks were torture enough. I love you."

"I love you, too, Swan. Always. I'm glad you found your way back to me." Killian leans down and presses his lips softly to mine.

I'm so glad I found my way back home, too.

I guess Kilian and I have that in common with my parents. It's probably a true love thing.

No one could ever separate us forever.

We always find each other. No matter what.