Chapter 41

~~~ PAST EMMA'S POV ~~~

I continue to smile at Killian. I still can't quite grasp that he really is okay and that we have a way to get Hope home now. We've won.

Suddenly, Killian's gaze moves past me and I can see his smile widening. "You've knocked her out cold, Swan. You're bloody amazing."

"About Cora, what are we going to do with her now? She'll probably wake up soon. I don't know, if I can defeat her again." I say, while looking at her, too.

"You could defeat her again, Swan!" Killian says proudly. Our gazes lock. I open my mouth to disagree, but he holds his hand up. "But you won't need to do that. A long time ago, Regina enchanted my hook, so that I could rip out her mother's heart. I can do that now. And then, we'll have her heart. You can lock her into one of your cells and she won't be able to escape, because you can control her with her heart. We won, Swan."

I smile and let out a sigh of relief.

We really have one. Turns out, that Killian and I are a great team.

We both get up and walk over to an unconscious Cora on the floor. Hook kneels down in front of her and rips her heart out, while I get my keys for the cell.

The witch wakes up as Killian holds her heart in his hand. She glares at him. It looks like she wants to say something, but can't.

"Go into that cell, where you belong. Let's call it your new home." He tells her. I open the door of the cell, and gesture for her to walk inside. She does. Just because she has no choice, though.

We're in control now.

I lock the door after her.

Killian walks over to me, and gives me the heart. I take it.

"You'll stay right in this cell. You will never use your magic again, and you'll leave the people of this town alone. Understand?" I say angrily, remembering that a few minutes ago, she threatened my baby girl. She'll pay for that.

Cora glares at me, but nods either way.

I give her heart a little squeeze to hurt her. She deserves that for threatening Hope.

I then feel Hook's hand on my arm. "Swan, don't. Believe me, revenge is tempting. The darkness always is. But it's also not worth darkening your soul. Resist it."

"I am. I just needed her to feel like crap for a moment. She threatened Hope." I say.

"I know." Hook reciprocates. "And I'll make her pay for it. There's no reason for you to give in to the darkness, when I'm already a villain." He envelops my hand and gives the heart a light squeeze again. Cora groans in pain and falls to the floor.

But I only gaze up at Killian. "You're not only a villain. Believe me, you have a mark in the hero column. You did help me defeat Cora. You've changed a lot since you came to Storybrooke."

He puts his hooked arm around my waist, drawing me close. "Let's just say I had a muse." He kisses my temple. "Now let's go to our daughter and bring her the magic bean."

I smile and kiss his cheek.

We then make our way to the loft, which is where Hope should be right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk into the loft hand in hand, which earns me a weird glance from both of my parents and Emma.

David looks really uncomfortable, but not angry at all. That's weird.

Mary Margret just has a knowing smirk on her face.

And Emma looks surprised, but very happy.

Baby Hope just smiles and reaches out her hands to Killian. She really does recognize him. How sweet.

Then it hits me. My parents aren't freaking out right now!

Do they-?

They know about this, don't they? Emma must have told my parents!

"How are you guys not surprised? What the hell is going on?" I say, while looking at Killian to read his face. Is he confused, too?

He shrugs at me. Seems like he doesn't know what's going on, either.

"They know about the future. I kind of lost my temper and told them a while ago." Emma says.

"That explains why I still have my head attached to my neck." Killian jokes to lighten the mood. I hit his stomach. He turns his head slightly to look at me with accusation, but ends up smiling instead. I smile back at him.

Not cool of him to joke about dying, when he almost did thirty minutes ago. I don't want to think about it after all.

"How do you know?" Emma asks me.

She isn't exactly saying it, but I can tell, that what she really means is How the hell are you still here and not running away from your feelings?

"That's not important right now. We found a way to get you and Hope back home." I say, fishing out the magic bean from my jacket pocket. I hold it up.

"What is that?" Emma says, while a slight gasp comes out of her mouth. Her whole face lights up. I can tell, that she is very relieved. Can't blame her for that. I would've probably lost hope of ever getting back home a long time ago.

But even though, we're the same person, she's not me. She was at some point, but she's changed a lot since then – for that better.

"A time-travel bean. It showed up and a second later Belle came into the station with a book she found about it." Killian says.

Emma sighs.

"It just showed up?" She asks. "Then how do we know it's safe to use. Cora could've just put it there to mess with us. It might be dangerous."

"Cora had nothing to do with this. She's dealt with." I say, not wanting to go into any detail about what happened.

I might've accepted the fact that Killian and I are true love, but I'm not ready to talk about it. Especially not in front of my parents. I have no idea how much Emma has told them.

I glance at Killian and by the way he is looking at me, I see that he knows I'm not ready to talk about it yet, too.

"Just trust me, that this bean will get you back home and make everything go back to the way it was. I can't explain it right now, but it's safe." I say.

Emma raises her eyebrow slightly, something I've seen Killian do on numerous occasions. She nods eventually, as if she can tell, what I'm hiding and she's okay with me not being ready to talk about it yet.

She then looks down at Hope and smiles softly at her daughter.