Chapter 43

~~~ PAST EMMA'S POV ~~~

"So how do I do this? Do I just throw it and think of where and when to go? Like a normal magic bean?" Emma says as she eyes the bean in her hand suspiciously. She still believes that it's too good to be true, even though she's a much happier person than I am at this point in time.

She still has her doubts and somehow that is okay.

I'm not scared of that any longer. Maybe knowing about Hope's existence makes me more confident and less anxious.

"Belle did mention, that it works like any other magic bean, so yeah." I say.

"Ok." Emma puts the magic bean back into her jacket pocket. Then, she approaches Mary Margret and David. She hugs them both. "Bye Mom, bye Dad. See you in a a bit in the future, if everything goes well."

"Goodbye." They say in unison. Sometimes their love can be very nauseating. Especially to me.

"We'll see you again in the future." Mary Margret adds. "I can't wait to plan your wedding." She shortly glances at me and Killian. We still stay huddled together with Hope in the living room.

"Don't even pretend you haven't started planning it yet. You literally admitted to that weeks ago." Emma says quietly. She chuckles.

I try not to get overwhelmed by that. I know it's going to happen in the near future. And I'm happy about it. So, there's no need to panic.

But why the hell has Mary Margret started planning the wedding weeks ago? Was it before Emma even came here?

Why?

There was no indication that I'd marry anyone anytime soon.

She's crazy. That must be it.

I slightly shake my head.

Soon Emma makes her way towards us.

I look down at Hope once more. I kiss her head softly and whisper into her ear. "I'll miss you, little one. But don't you worry, we'll see each other again one day. I love you."

After that, I place her into Killian's arms. He holds her close to him, and I could swear I see a small tear escaping his left eye. "Goodbye Hope." He says, seemingly at a loss for words. I never thought I'd see that day.

He places a kiss on her cheek and she touches his eyebrow. How adorable.

Then he pulls away with a sad expression on his face. He places her back into Emma's waiting arms.

"Goodbye." Emma says then, hugging me, and then Killian.

We both give her a sad smile.

Her, I'll never see again because she's me. Too bad. She was a pretty good friend to me during the last few weeks - almost like a sister. I'll miss having her in my life.

Emma turns to me again, after hugging my pirate, and smiles sadly. "You'll be okay."

She'll never know how much it means to hear someone say that. Or maybe she does, and that's why she decided to give this moment to me.

Emma then takes the bean out of her pocket again. She looks at everyone once more. I see Killian giving her a small nod, and then she throws it to the ground. A pink portal opens.

I turn to Killian, and step into his arms. He holds on to me tightly like I'm his life line.

Emma smiles at us once more, before jumping through the time portal with Hope in her arms. The portal closes, and I still remember everything.

I look at Killian, panic filling me to the very core. He looks right back at me with a similar expression lingering on his face.

Then, suddenly I see pink smoke seeping in through the windows. Magic. That must be the memory reversal. I suppose that means Emma and Hope really are gone now. Our memories of them aren't needed any longer.

I cuddle deeper into Killian's arms. I place my head on his chest, with my nose in the crook of his neck. He kisses my forehead softly.

I feel the curse enveloping us.

"I know you'll find your way back to me, Swan. I believe in you." Killian whispers into my ear. "I love you, never forget that."

He then places a lingering kiss right behind my earlobe.

And then-

.........................................................................

I get up from my chair and grab my red leather jacket from the back of the chair.

"I'm going to get us some takeout from Granny's." I say to Mary Margret and David, while walking towards the exit of the sheriff's station. I need a break from them.

Family time isn't exactly something I'm used to. I don't need it.

But luckily there's always a distraction in Storybrooke. It's just like any other day.