Chapter 1

"Hi! I'm Autumn and I'll be your server today. What can I get you to drink?" I asked a table of two customers, pulling out my notepad and pen. I looked up and saw two greaser girls.

"Coke." They both said, plainly. One of them was looking at me weird, but I just ignored it. I jotted down their order, two cokes, and handed it to the bartender. I leaned against the counter, waiting for the drinks. I was at the Dingo, where I now worked part time. Ponyboy was working at the DX part time. We were saving up money to buy an apartment together, and maybe raise a child. We've talked about having a kid before, but never really made a definite decision.

"Autumn? Autumn!" Bill, the bartender, exclaimed, waving his hand in my face. I shook out of my daze and grinned as he slid the drinks towards me.

"Sorry." I told him. He smiled and shook his head. I spun around, the tray in my hands.

"Alright here are your drinks." I announced, setting them down. The girl closest to the window was still looking at me strangely.

"You ready to order?" I asked them. The one closest to me nodded.

"I'll take a burger." She ordered. I wrote it down.

"I'll take a hot dog." The next one told me. I wrote that down as well. I nodded and gathered their menus.

"Curtis! You're dating Ponyboy Curtis!" The one looking at me strangely exclaimed. I smiled and nodded.

"OMG! He's so cute! You're so lucky!" She added. I smiled.

"Yeah I know. He's real special." I told them.

"How is it hangin with the other boys? They're all real good looking." She said in a daze. I chuckled.

"I'm Kaitlin and this is my friend Gabi." The second girl introduced herself. I grinned and nodded.

"Hey my shifts over in twenty minutes, do you guys wanna go catch a movie?" I invited. Kaitlin and gabi grinned.

"Sounds good." Kaitlin replied. I smiled and went to go place their order.

My shift finally ended, and Gabi and Kaitlin were just finishing their meals. We left the dingo, walking towards the movie.

"So.. Tell us about you." Kaitlin suggested.

"Well I'm eighteen. I live with my mom, my two brothers, finn and Jack, and Sodapop and Ponyboy." I started.

"Wait a minute! Sodapop Curtis?! You live with him?" Gabi exclaimed. I nodded.

"Yeah..why?" I asked her.

"Man, I'd give anything to go out with him. It sucks though, 'cause he's got a girl already." She stated, frowning.

"Yeah.. I bet you two would be good friends though.. Hey Whaddya say we ditch the movie and you come meet the boys?" I suggested. Their eyes lit up.

"Really?" Kaitlin asked. I smiled and nodded, casually. We turned, and started walking towards my house. It was a short walk, so we arrived in a matter of minutes. I swung the door open and walked in. Pony and soda were sitting on the black couch, dally stretched out on the brown one. Steve was in the armchair and two-bit was sitting on the ground, eating. They may be pretty much adults now, but they haven't changed at all from how they were four years ago, when I met them. I waved.

"Hey guys." I greeted. Pony came over and hugged me, kissing me softly. I smiled and grabbed his hand.

"Oh guys this is Kaitlin and gabi. I met them at the dingo. Girls, this is ponyboy, Dallas, Sodapop, two-bit, and Steve." I told them. They smiled and said hi.

"Nice to meet y'all." Kaitlin stated, politely.

"C'mon let's sit down." I stated, pulling pony towards the couch. He sat down, wrapping his arm around me. Gabi sat down next to Dally, and Kaitlin sat on the ground with two-bit. I leaned my head on Pony's shoulder and focused on the tv. I smiled to myself, happy to finally have some girl friends.