Chapter 29

"Pony..soda..I've come to bring you home." Darry said. My eyes went wide and pony looked at me.

"O-oh.." Pony stuttered, unsure of what to say. Sure, he wanted to go back and live with his brothers, but he had spent the last four or five years living with Autumn and her family. He didn't know which to choose.

"Yeah so get your stuff packed up!" Darry smiled patting him on the back. Soda was already upstairs, excited to go back home. Pony slowly trudged up the stairs and I followed. He went into my room and sat on the bed. I locked the door and say next to him.

"I don't want you to leave.." I spoke up after a few minutes of silence. Pony hugged me.

"I don't wanna leave either angel..but I don't have a choice." He sighed. I teared up.

"But pony your house is on the other side of town. And I need you. Especially right now." I cried burying my face in his shoulder as he pet my hair.

"I know baby I know." He whispered. "We'll figure it out okay?" He held me tightly as I sobbed and nodded.

"What if I tell Darry the whole story?" He suggested.

"N-no. I'm not supposed to tell anyone, but I had to tell you. And besides, Darry'll probably think you're crazy or something." I sniffled. Pony sighed and nodded. He laid down with me and held me close until I fell asleep, wrapped in his arms.