Part 49: Negan

You put your head back down letting your hair fall around your face

You put your head back down letting your hair fall around your face. Your bandana still covered half your face, you decided to keep it on not wanting the men to recognize you but deep down you knew it was too late for that. You'd kill their men and when they sent someone to kill you, you killed them. Let's just say you weren't their favorite person in the world.

You heard the RV door swing open, silence falling around you as the only thing you could hear were the crickets in the woods and the heavy breathing of every one. There were sounds of feet on the ground. You moved your eyes upward, just enough to see leather combat boots walking towards the group.

You slowly looked farther up. "Well, well, well"
You could feel your heart drop and your breath was caught in your throat. Dread and horror took over you. You'd recognize that voice and face anywhere. It was your dad. This whole time it's been him.

You'd heard the name over and over but every time you prayed it wasn't him. Deep down you had a feeling it was. And now that feeling was verified.

You lowered your head again and bent over putting your head in your hands as your body began shaking uncontrollably, feeling as if it would just give up on you any second. You bit your lip trying to contain your crying. You didn't know what to feel. A thousand thoughts raced through your head.

Negan began talking to Rick. You drowned it out as much as possible, you couldn't bare to hear his voice, hear him say awful things. That wasn't the dad you knew.

He sent someone to kill you
He killed your people
He hurt you.
He's not the same person he used to be

You felt a hand be placed on your back as a way of comfort. You knew it was Glenn, he was the only one who was close enough to touch you. You took your head out of your hands and propped yourself up on your hands again, still keeping your head low.

"Hey!" Negan yelled, it made you flinch causing Glenn to take his hand away. "There is no touching here! If someone wants to cry let them cry goddamnit! That's the fun in it all" His footsteps got closer to you making your heart race. "Isn't this the girl? I thought we killed her?"

Negan was standing in front of you, you could see his boots right there which meant he was talking about you. Dwight and Simon glanced at each other then back at Negan shaking their heads no. Negan let out a laugh,
"I like her, I like her a lot. She's got more balls than half my men. I think I might take her back with me"

"no" Carl whimpered catching Negans attention. He smirked and stood up walking over to him, kneeling down to his level now. You finally looked up since he wasn't facing you. His back was turned to you, now face to face with Carl. Carl didn't back down. His eyes were brimmed with tears but he still looked at Negan confidently

"Why not?" Negan said harshly "she your girlfriend? Or your fuck buddy?" Carl looked over Negans shoulder at you making eye contact. He saw you crying and gave you soft pitiful eyes. Negans laugh irrupted into the night air again, he stood up swinging his bat around.
"This is Lucille"
Hearing that made you break again. That was your mother's name. "You killed a lot of my people. More than I'm comfortable with. And when I sent my people to kill you, you killed MORE of my people" No one said anything. You'd never seen the group so weak and broken down.

"so..." Negan swung Lucille around "I'm gonna beat the holy hell out of one of you"