Part 6: Spoiled Eggs

"Morning Glenn" you said happily walking past him and Maggie "morning kid" he said back you were on your way to the kitchen to help Beth throw out the spoiled food "hey Beth" you said grabbing an egg carton out of her hands "hey y/n, thanks" she said walking you as followed her, not asking about Carl anymore. Him not showing up anymore to help out was a daily thing but it still bothered you.

"Uh oh" Beth whispered the two of you were coming up on a group of the kids , Carl being one of them. You both kept walking "hey y/n" you turned and smiled "hey Patrick" you replied "morning guys" you said waving to the younger kids two of them being Lizy and Mika. The four of them replied with little hi's.

"Hey Carl" You tried your chances but you knew he wouldn't reply which made a smirk come across your face, you scoffed and just continued on with Beth.
"I still can't believe he just goes off and doesn't show up leaves us to do double work, I mean not that I mind it just being me and you I love it, and it also gets me away from you and him arguing but-"

"I know what you mean Beth" you laughed interrupting her little ramble you and her were throwing the eggs over the tall fence sometimes at the walkers just for the hell of it. The eggs smelled terrible so you were trying to get them as far over the fence as you could without any of them hitting the top of the fence splattering all over the two of you.

———

"Why did you keep that" Beth asked pointing to the egg in your hand "I had an idea" Beth laughed knowing it had to do with Carl "I feel bad for that boy" she said "hey you guys gonna sit with us" Daryl asked hollering at you two. You both walked up to the table it was the usual people Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Carl, and Judith sat in ricks lap.

Carl sat with the sheriff hat on the table fully concentrated on it , You noticed the string that was usually wrapped around the base was off and he was having trouble getting it back on. "Need help Grimes" you walked over to him Daryl payed close attention to you knowing you always had something to taunt Carl.

Carl let his hands drop and you picked up the hat being able to get it back on easily not having trouble like Carl "there you go" you put the egg in the hat and pushed it onto Carl's head he flinched as the cold insides dripped out of the hat onto his hair sliding down his chin. He scrunched up his face at the smell of the egg realizing it was a spoiled egg that you were supposed to get rid of. You put your hands on Carl's shoulders and bent down tauntingly placing a kiss on his cheek before walking away with Beth.

"That girl i swear" Daryl muttered to himself going back to what he was doing.

____________