Part 8: The room

"I'll get the oil you get the gas" you picked up the box full of bottles of oil. Daryl sent you and Beth down to grab some stuff for his bike and some of the other cars he was fixing up. "I got it let's go" The worst part about being on the bottom floors was everything was dirtier and sharper down here which was more likely for injury or infection.

You bumped into the edge of a piece of metal making you yelp. Beth stopped and turned to you "are you okay?" She asked her eyes widening with concern "im fine" You replied she nodded but still kept a suspicious look on her face before continuing to walk. You looked down and could see the blood start to get on your gray shirt and looking at the metal you ran into it was sharp like really sharp.

It looked like someone at taken the time to sharpen it turning it basically into a blade. "You coming?" Beth asked from the end of the hall you put your shirt back down and followed the blonde back to the higher levels.

——-

"Why did you want me" you asked approaching Rick Daryl and Carl. "You two are gonna stay in here together for twenty minutes if you can't do that , you get watch together tonight"

"And that's 8hours in a smaller room then this" Daryl added you looked at Carl knowing you didn't really have a choice. You walked into the room Carl following behind you sat at the wooden bench this was where everyone would come and eat if it was too cold outside. Or just come in here to talk and chill.

"So uh why do you hate me" Carl spoke up you glanced at him "they never said we had to talk, but to answer your question you started hating me so I disliked you" you whispered not sure if Rick or Daryl were spying on your conversation.

"When did I hate you?" He asked his voice becoming as if he was scared or sad. You scoffed crossing your arms over your chest "really?" You asked cocking your head to the side with a slight pout in your lip. "Im sorry about that" he said you hummed in response "that's your answer?" You didnt answer this time just to get on his nerves "that's your problem you run away from everything" he snapped . Did he just fucking... "I run away from everything?" You asked nodding your head and laughing looking down at your feet. "says the boy who hasn't showed up for weekly chores in the past two months leaving extra work for me and Beth"

You could see the tears coat his icy blue eyes. Tears that you caused only making you feel worse and wish you could take it back.

A sad gasp escaped Carls lips and he sniffled "well I'm sorry Glenn picked you up and brought you somewhere that your safe  and loved" he paused before continuing
"And somewhere with food, and you came here expecting royal treatment"

"I never-"

"And all because of what you lost someone we all loose people, Im just guessing you have a funny way of showing your feelings. And in reality it's probably your fault their dead or your fault you got lost" Carl basically screamed. The last part hit you like a truck. You did blame yourself for getting lost but Carl didn't know that.

You stayed silent thinking about your dad. Where he was. If he was alive. If he was a total wreck from losing you. You were always scared about how'd he react to the world if he lost you too. Sometimes it felt like you were his only piece of humanity left and now you were gone.

You took a step back feeling the tears sting your eyes. The first week you got here you let yourself be sad about losing him. But after that you held it in.

You felt yourself begin to shake, wanting to start crying. "I miss my dad" you whispered to yourself taking another step back. "don't leave" he said sounding like someone punched him in the throat, like he could barely talk which made you think he was on the verge of tears. The only reason he wanted you to stay here was because he didn't wanna be on watch tonight. "need a tampon, chocolate maybe, how bout some ice cream?" You remarked towards Carl's tears only causing Carl to scowl at you.

You walked over to the door grabbing the handle "You have to stay in here"
"I dont have to do anything" you glared at him before ripping the door open walking past Rick and Daryl.

You sat on your bed with the keys for the watch tower in your lap preparing to go up there and have to spend the whole night with Carl. Daryl walked in your cell sitting next to you he held one of your hands that were playing with the keys. You laid your head on his shoulder after a few moments of silence you finally let it out.

Sobs escaping your mouth as the tears fell from yours eyes Daryl engulfed you in a big hug you snuggled into his leather jacket that was pretty warm. It was silent except for the little sniffles you would have but beside that he sat and rubbed your back...
_____