Part 17: Home

It was a couple days later. Carl was up and walking around. He had a bandage around his eye and everyone knew it was completely gone. He still hadn't spoken to you and it might sound stupid but it hurt. You missed messing around with him or helping him watch Judith. You had mainly hung out with Enid now. It felt good to have a best friend again. Right now you and her were sitting on the floor of your house playing with Judith. She found some old baby toys but Judith seemed to like the red plastic cups a lot better. "So Carl still hasn't talked to you" You replied by shaking your head "give him some time you know" she said you smiled at her.

Daryl walked in the room "y/n Deanna wants to see you" he said walking past you and sitting on the couch "why?" All he did was shrug you sighed and looked back over at Enid "you think i should go Judith?" You asked looking at the infant who chewed on the rim of the red cup she looked at you and smiled making a weird noise before throwing the cup. " I think that was a yes! Wasn't it Judy" enid asked tickling her sides making her laugh.

You walked into Deannas house "Deanna?" You yelled "in here" you walked to where she had the interviews "sit please" she said pointing to the chair in front of her. You sat down in the comfortable chair "I just wanted to talk" you nodded and leaned back in the chair "did you wanna talk to me about what happened on the run?" You asked nervously "no no it was self defense i understand " Deanna crossed her hands and put them on her knee "so y/n you've been apart of the group since the prison" you nodded and fumbled with the zipper on your jacket "their my family, the only family I got left" you smiled at the thought of the group. You looked around your eyes landing on a framed picture that sat on the coffee table.

It was a young couple running down the beach and from what the picture captured the both were smiling. Laughing.

"Dont they look happy?" Deanna picked up the picture and examined it. Maybe she knew the young couple before all of this. "Yeah not much of that anymore" you sighed and shifted around in your seat "but what about you and ricks son, Carl?"Deanna asked obviously this was a taunt or she just really wanted to make you uncomfortable "what about him?" You muttered "ive seen the way you act around each other, you waited two hours just to see if he was okay"

"Why do you care? Ive grown up with these people, I know how I feel about them , I care about them, i would do anything to save them. I carry a gun for them, ive killed for them, all I do is so I can survive for them. These people are my people, so loving them obviously has to come along somehow and I'm gonna care if one of them gets shot in the head"

"I understand" is all she says before signaling you could leave and turning the camera off. You sat for a second before getting up to leave. You stood on the sidewalk that was in front of Deannas house glancing left and right at the massive well- kept house wondering if there was some sort of catch you didn't pick up on. "So how was it?" You turned to see Daryl looking back at you with a slight look of concern on his face.

You ran up to him and without speaking à word you enveloped him in a massive hug. Neither of you spoke, Daryl knew something must have happened.

Deanna understood. He was your home so was Carl. When you glanced over a strand of Daryl brown unwashed hair that you begged him to wash since there were showers here, you could see the shadow of Deanna smiling from the window of her big home. And you realized something. She had a home here. As did you.....

this chapter was stolen from me by a page on tumblr called @allthefandomimagines , i tried messaging her about the issue and then she ignored me and proceeded to block me. She completely stole this part of my book that i've worked on for years. All she did was switch some names around and expect no one to notice. So y'all can have fun with this information. The title of the one shot on her page is called "Homeless"