Part 41: Special friends

You had been distant these past couple days, Daryl had checked on you a few times but besides that you hadn't talked to anyone. You sat criss cross on the couch with a blanket wrapped around you. A notebook balanced on your leg and a pencil in your hand as you drew random things.

The sound of the front door opening caught your attention and sat up holding onto your notebook. Enid walked around the corner and gave you a sad smile, "hey" she muttered and slowly made her way to the couch. "Hi" you replied in a quiet tone, you hadn't really talked to Enid especially after what happened. You moved so there was room on the couch for her.

"I just wanted to come check on you"

You nodded and looked back down at your drawing, thoughts ran through your mind a million miles a minute. "I'm sorry" you blurted out finally and looked at Enid with tears in your eyes. "Hey" she said softly placing both her hands on the sides of your face, forcing you to look at her. "I forgive you" she whispered tracing her thumb on your cheek.

"Besides i think I need a best friend more than I need a girlfriend" Enid smiled at you as you chuckled leaning your head onto her hand. You looked up at her, "one last kiss" you whispered and placed your lips onto hers. You put your hands on each side of her face pulling her in closer, she put her hands on your thighs to steady herself. You laid back onto the couch and Enid quickly understood, getting on top of you.

The kiss hadn't been broken despite all that, Enid's hand slowly went up your shirt but she paused finally breaking the kiss. "I thought we were just gonna be friends" she said a slight chuckle after "special friends" you quickly blurted out before pulling her back into the kiss.

Both of you had been so caught up on each other you didn't hear Carl come in the front door.