Chapter Nineteen: Nothingness

Chapter Nineteen

Charles fell to the floor gripping his back letting out a scream of pure agony, Erik quickly to turned to help him. Despite having just fought, in the end they were still practically brothers and he was there for him no matter what. Using his powers, Erik was able to extract the bullet from his back; it was as if everything was happening in slow motion.

“I’m so sorry” Erik said, holding Charles head on his lap.

Moira tried running to him, me as well when Erik yelled at us to back off once again. He then looked at Moira with hate in his eyes.

“You, you did this” He said grabbing hold of her chain as he began to pull her back with it, choking her.

“Erik please. She didn’t do this” Charles stopped him. “Erik, you did”

No, no, no, why is this happening. This was no one’s fault, none of this was supposed to happen; everything was suppose to be better.

This wasn’t Erik’s fault; I could see the pain Erik was feeling. He felt so guilty for hurting his friend and Charles saying it was his fault was only making it worse.

Erik let go of Moira and focused back on Charles.

“Us turning on each other, it’s what they want. I tried to warn you Charles” He told him. “I want you by my side, we’re brothers you and I. All of us, together, protecting each other. We want the same thing.”

“Oh my friend, I’m sorry, but we do not.” Charles said.

Erik looked so hurt by his words. He looked up at Moira and called her over, giving her permission to help Charles. Erik moved up and backed away from them and redirected his attention back towards us.

“If society won’t accept us, then we form our own. If humans have played their hand! Then we get ready to play our own…. Who’s with me” Erik finished saying looking around at all of us. Shaw’s old group moved over towards him of course. He then looked towards our group, his eyes landing on me.

My tears finally fell; I could no longer hold them back. I stood there while Erik’s eyes burned into mine, pleading me to go with him. But I couldn’t, I couldn’t fight alongside him for something that I did not believe in. As much as it killed me to do it, I could not go with him and stand to see him hurt innocent people like he was about to do only minutes ago. I looked at him and shook my head no, slowly taking a step back from him. He looked pained by my decision but I could tell he understood.

He then moved his attention to Raven.

“No more hiding” He told her.

She slowly moved towards Erik but right before she got to him she kneeled down with Charles.

“You, you should go with him. It’s what you want” Charles said between breathes.

“You promised me you would never read my mind.” She told him.

“I know. I promised you a great many things I’m afraid. I’m sorry”

Raven then bent down to kiss his forehead. “Take care of him” she told Moira before she stood up and made her way next to Erik who had his hand out to her.

They all went to join hands, getting ready to vanish with the help of Azazel, but before they left Raven called out to Hank.

“And Beast, don’t forget Mutant and proud.”

Erik then turned to Azazel and in the blink of an eye they all vanished.

I couldn’t hold it in any longer and fell to my knees, exhaustion hitting me hard, along with my leg finally giving out. Alex quickly fell next to me to make sure I was ok while everyone else made their way to Charles.

I could hear Charles pained yells and Hank and Moira telling him to stop moving and that it was going to be ok. That’s when I heard him.

“I can’t actually. I-I-I, I can’t feel my legs. I can’t feel my legs. I can’t feel my legs” Charles kept repeating.

After hearing that everything came crashing down, I felt so numb. I lost him, the first person in my life who actually cared for me, who had rescued me. The one person who was the most like family and who actually related to me, and he took Raven with him. It didn’t only hurt that he was gone, but that I knew what he became and that’s what hurt the most.

And now, now Charles was left paralyzed, I just felt as if I was surrounded by nothing but pain once again. My world becoming a new shade of black.

******

Not over yet, still a couple of chapters left I promise

hope you're all enjoying the story so far. I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments. let me know what you think :)