Chapter Fourteen: Dreams Come True

Chapter Fourteen

Today was the day; today we were going to go to Cuba to face off Shaw and his group. All my nerves came running back and I couldn’t calm down. Alex had left a while ago to his room to go change and now I was alone again in my room. Alright, breathe Lucy breathe. We got this, like Alex said this is what we’ve been training for, we can do this.

I kept telling myself this over and over again until I somehow managed to calm myself down. I got up out of bed and started getting ready, putting on a loose T-shirt and leggings with my converse. I brushed out my hair and side braided it so that it wouldn’t be in my way during the battle. Looking at my reflection in the mirror I saw a completely different person from who I saw when I had first gotten here. I looked a lot healthier, my hair shined and I was no longer deadly skinny. I felt a lot stronger now than I did then, that gave me a new level of confidence going into today’s battle.

There was a knock on the door before it slowly opened to reveal Alex making his way in.

“You ready?” he asked walking over towards me.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.”

I stood up from my seat in front of the mirror and turned to leave the room. But two arms stopped me by wrapping themselves around my waist holding me against Alex’s chest. I looked up to see him staring intently at me, my cheeks changed colors remembering last night’s events. Alex had left the room while I was still half asleep so when I completely woke up I wasn’t sure if I had dreamt the whole thing, god I hope I hadn’t dreamt it.

As if knowing what I was thinking, he leaned down closer to me so his face was only centimeters from mine. His hand moved up and rested on my neck, his thumb stroking my jaw line.

“You’re so beautiful you know that” he whispered, his breathe hitting my face. “I wasn’t lying you know, last night when I told you I liked you.”

“It wasn’t a dream?” I asked amazed.

He chuckled at my question “If it was, that was one hell of a dream” he smiled.

I couldn’t contain myself anymore and leaned in even closer sealing my lips with his, catching him by surprise. I broke our kiss and looked him, his eyes wide clearly not expecting me to have done that. I giggled at his reaction and also out of nervousness, I had no idea where that came from myself but I’m glad I did.

He soon recovered from his shock and smiled widely at me before pulling my face back towards his kissing me even more passionately, my hand moved up to his chest while his rested on my neck and the other one the small of my back pulling me in closer. We eventually pulled away having to catch our breath, he laid his forehead against mine and we just stood there for a while in comforting silence.

Wow that was an amazing kiss; I didn’t know I had that in me.

“You’re an amazing girl you know that.” He said with a smile playing on his lips.

“Come on everyone else must be waiting for us” I said as I grabbed his hand pulling him out the door grinning from ear to ear.

We finally found everyone after searching around the mansion; they were all gathered in front of Hank’s lab looking at a note in front of the door.

Gone to the airbase, bring the crate marked X. –Hank

I looked over to see Raven in what I guess was her true form. Her skin was a dark blue tone with elevated markings that seemed to go all around her body; her hair was a fire red color and her eyes shined a golden yellow.  She looked beautiful to me and that’s exactly what I told her once I reached her, earning a light blush from Raven as she looked down at her feet.

My attention was pulled away from Raven when Charles pulled off the note from the door and began to open it. It looked like a hurricane had passed through inside, it was a complete mess. Glass was broken everywhere, tables were turned, everything was piled on top of each other.

“What happened in here?” I asked as I stepped inside behind Alex.

We all looked around wondering what the answer to my question was. Charles was the first to make his way through the chaos, walking towards the end of the room where a big crate was sitting. We all walked up towards it and I noticed a big X taped over the top, this was what Hank wanted us to bring along.

Charles opened it and inside we found various blue and yellow jumpsuits of different sizes, for each of us I presumed.

“Hank has been busy” Erik said.

“Do we really have to wear these?” Alex questioned from beside me.

“As none of us are mutated to endure extreme G-force or being riddled by bullets I suggest we suit up” Charles answered.

The look on Alex’s face was priceless; I let out a small giggle causing Alex to turn to look at me.

“You’ll look as handsome as ever” I assure him.

“So you think I’m handsome?” He retorted putting his hands around my waist, earning us a couple of odd looks form the rest except for Raven who seemed to be very happy.

“Ehem, come on we should get going we don’t have all day” Erik said raising his voice clearly not happy to see Alex holding me.

This only caused me to smile more, he looked like a jealous father trying to keep boys away from his little girl, it was cute.

I slipped out of Alex’s hold and went to grab my suit to go change, heading into a different room form the rest of the boys with Raven and Moira.

“Sooooooo, spill. What happened with you and Alex” Raven gushed once we left the boys.

“Oh nothing. Last night he came to my room to talk and-”

“Wait he went to see you last night?”

“Well yeah, and after we talked about what was gonna happen today I kind of feel asleep…. While he hugged me”

Raven looked like she was about to explode and I debated whether I should tell her what else had happened last night.

“And um”

“There’s more?!” she asked, clearly excited about what had happened.

“Well when I woke up later in the night, I kind of well, found him lying next to me. He woke up a little after I did and we talked a bit more and well one thing lead to another and I kindoftoldhimIlikedhim.” I told her saying the last part in one breath as my cheeks grew red.

“You told him?! Oh my god and what did he say in return?”

I bit my lower lip remembering his confession and the kiss.

“He said he liked me too, and then he kissed me.”

Raven was practically jumping up and down at this point from how excited and happy she was.

“OH I knew it, I knew it. I’m so happy for you sweetheart” she gushed as she rapped me in a tight hug. “No wonder you two were so close just now, aw you guys are so cute.”

She went on a little longer before we finally changed into our suits and went out to meet the boys in the front of the mansion where a car was waiting to take us to the air force.

The suit was actually pretty tight and hugged my body to accentuate all my curves. As I walked out I saw Alex’s eyes glued on me, looking me up and down. I blushed feeling his gaze on me, Erik turned and smacked Alex in the head for staring and I couldn’t help but crack up. I smiled at Erik and made my way to move next to him. I saw Alex pouting a bit from where he was standing making me laugh more.

I linked my arms with Erik’s and looked at him with a smile on my face.

“Well you look better” He told me.

“Well I’m a lot more confident than I was yesterday; I know we can do this.”

“That’s my girl” he said with a smile as he bent down to kiss my forehead. “Now come on, let’s get going.”

*********

Soon the battle will begin

Aw Erik's being all cute and protective X)