Chapter Thirteen: Midnight

Chapter Thirteen

I woke up later that night in my bed; the last thing I remember was falling asleep in the nook after talking to Alex about tomorrow’s events. I felt something heavy draped over my stomach and when I tried to move I felt whatever had a hold on me tighten their grip. I slowly opened my eyes to investigate and found Alex’s face only a couple inches away from my own, my cheeks immediately reddened from how close we were; I was not expecting to find him next to me.  He must have moved me here after I fell asleep and not have left. Why didn’t he leave? I questioned, hope rising inside of me.

I didn’t know what to do, should I wake him? And then what, ask him to leave? But he looked so comfortable sleeping here, how could I do something like wake him up….. Well in all honesty, I just didn’t want him to leave.

I laid there contemplating what to do, maybe I could just act like I never woke up and stay like this until morning. I fidgeted for a bit until I finally decided to do what Raven had told me and just let things happen. I relaxed and moved closer to him and his grasp tightened even more as a chuckle left his lips. Wait, he’s awake?! Oh perfect now I was even more embarrassed; all I could do was move my face into the covers to hide how red I was, not trusting the darkness of the night to be in my favor.

“How long have you been awake?” I asked poking one eye out from its hiding spot.

“Since you first woke up and noticed me” he said his voice huskier and deeper than usual from having just woken up.

“Why didn’t you say anything?”

“Well to be honest, I quite enjoyed seeing you struggle to decide whether or not you wanted me to leave” He said with a smirk plastered on his face. “And I couldn’t help it when I saw what your decision was. Can I ask why you decided to let me stay?” He sounded very amused with my reactions.

“Well, you looked so peaceful sleeping and well I thought it rude to wake you up especially after you listened to everything I had to say.” I said hoping to sound convincing enough.

“U-huh, and that’s why you moved in closer to me right?”

Oh no, how am I suppose to get out of this; I just stayed quite avoiding eye contact. His grip on my waist tightened and he turned me so our chests were pressed against each other and so that I’d look at him face on. He leaned in closer, resting his forehead against mine.

“You know I’m glad you didn’t kick me out when you found me here” he whispered, his breath hitting my face showing exactly how close we were to one another.

“I’m glad I didn’t either” I agreed, my voice very small.

I felt one of his hands move from around me and up to my face, cupping one of my cheeks. My breath instantly caught in my throat from such a small gesture. I leaned into his touch and gathered up all my courage for what I was going to say next. I looked up to find Alex already staring intently at me.

I began to bit my lower lip, nervous and scared about what could happen next.

“Alex?” I whispered.

“Hm” is all that left his mouth as he closed his eyes seeming to fall asleep again.

“I-I think I like you” I stuttered out. Ugh nice going myself, smooth.

His eyes shot open after hearing this, showing a surprised yet happy look.

“You think?” he joked. “Well I think I might like you too” he said back.

My eyes widened after hearing him confess his feeling back to me; I was surprised, I wasn’t expecting him to feel the same way. My reaction just caused him to laugh more.

“Actually I don’t think I like you, I know” he whispered into my ear, causing shivers to go down my spine. “What about you?”

“I know too” I answered with a small smile extremely embarrassed, still not believing this was happening.

“Good” is all he said before he started leaning in closer to me and as if knowing what to do next, my body moved as well, closing the gap between us.

His lips then pressed against mine in a gentle kiss; it didn’t feel rough or lustful but sweet. He kissed me like I was the most fragile thing, as if he was afraid to break me. It was as if something inside me opened up and fluttered throughout my entire body in those few seconds.

We slowly separated and I couldn’t help the smile that formed on my lips.

“You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting to do that” He said tracing my lip with his thumb. “Goodnight beautiful” He whispered as he placed another kiss on my forehead.

With my head resting against his chest and his arms wrapped around my waist, I felt his breaths slow into a gentle rhythm and heard the smallest of snores escape his lips as he fell asleep.

I don’t know how I fell back asleep with how happy and bubbly I was, but I did. And it was one of the best night’s rest of my life, being asleep in his arms knowing he felt the same way as I did. I felt complete and as if nothing in the world could ruin this moment for me right now. After so many years of feeling cold and abandoned today was finally the first time in my life that I felt completely and utterly loved and cared for. 

******

Sorry its short but I feel like this needed to be it's own chapter 

Aaaahhhh they told each other how they feel, so cute X)