Chapter Twenty-Three: Home Again

“You missed a spot” I called out from my where I sat on the couch.

“What? Where?” Alex asked.

“How much longer do we have to do this?” Sean complained.

“Until your guy’s mess is cleaned up.” I answered back. “Now get back to work.”

“So demanding, you could help you know.” Alex told me.

“My legs broken” I said pointing at my cast.

“So?”

I made a face at him before throwing a pillow at his face. He just laughed and went back to cleaning.

“How did you guys make such a big mess in the first place?” I asked.

They both just looked at each other then back at me while shrugging their shoulders.

“Men” I sighed.

Just then Charles wheeled in and parked next to me.

“You missed a spot” he told the boys.

“Aaaarrrgggghhhh” Sean yelled throwing his head back.

At that point I lost it, I laughed so hard I almost fell off the couch. I turned to Charles wiping the tears from laughing so hard from my eyes.

“Hello Lucy, how have you been?” he asked me.

“A lot better actually” I smiled at him, “…what about you, how are you feeling?”

“Good” he answered half heartedly.

I grabbed his hand and gave him a small squeeze and smiled at him.

“You know what we need after a long day of cleaning? Ice cream!” I beamed at him.

“Long day of work?!”

“You guys haven’t even done anything!”

Sean and Alex yelled at us.

Charles chuckled, looking a lot happier than before.

“Oh shush and help us to the kitchen” I told them.

Sean went to help Charles and Alex came over to me. I raised my arms like a child would their parent and Alex rolled his eyes at me. He bent down and picked me up, carrying me to the kitchen.

“Lazy” he told me; I just giggled, leaning in towards his ear.

“Next time you pull something like at breakfast, it’ll be worse than cleaning the house all day.” I whispered.

I pulled back and saw Alex with his eyes wide in surprise but then quickly change into a smirk.

“A small price to pay if you ask me” he whispered back in a low deep voice making me shiver before kissing my check as we entered the kitchen.

Charles and Sean had already started to serve themselves ice cream as Alex placed me on a chair.

“I want Chocolate!” I exclaimed.

I look over and see Sean’s eyes widen with worry. Looking closely I see he has a spoon hanging out of his mouth and the chocolate tub in his hands.

“You didn’t” I glare at him.

“Sorry?” he finally says.

I charge up a napkin and flick it at him, having it explode by his feet. Just a little spark, nothing too big but big enough to cause him to jump and land on his bottom.

“That’s what you get” I say as Alex hands me a mug filled with strawberry ice cream. “Thanks love”

“No problem” he said as he sat down next to me.

Sean got up off the floor and made his way towards us, sticking out his tongue as he passed by. I stuck mine’s out back at him, scrunching up my nose before turning my attention to Charles

“So Charles when do you think I can take this off?” I asked.

“Hm, I’ll call the doctor later today and see if there’s any way for him to see you tomorrow to see if we can get that off.”

“Oh thank you thank you” I squealed. “Finally, this thing is hell” I say looking at my leg.

The rest of the day went by quickly and it was finally the next day and Charles and I were on our way to the doctor’s office. I wore sunglasses to hide my eyes and left my hair as is, figuring people would just assume I had died it or something. I didn’t want people to know I was a mutant, not that I was ashamed of whom I was, but most people wouldn’t react kindly to knowing I was a mutant.

When we arrived at the office, we were directed into one of the individual rooms to wait for the doctor. I sat on the bed and gripped onto the edge, I wanted the cast off but being at the doctor’s office made me nervous. I know the doctor isn’t the same as the ones from my prison but I couldn’t help but get anxious anyways.

“It’s alright, I’m here with you” Charles told me, holding my hand for comfort.

“I feel so stupid” I admitted.

“There’s no reason, if I had gone through what you went through, I don’t even think I’d be able to be sitting here right now. You’re a very brave person Lucy.”

I gave him a small weak smile, dropping it immediately as I turned to wait for the doctor. Just then the door squeaked open and the doctor walked in, causing me to jump a bit in my seat.

“Hello, I’m Doctor Ramirez” He introduced himself. “Let’s take a look at that leg shall we.”

I was hesitant but allowed him to examine my leg and flinched every once in a while whenever he made any sudden movements. He noticed and I apologized saying I wasn’t very fond of going to the doctor; he chuckled saying that many had the same fear. I just nodded knowing that my fear wasn’t exactly irrational compared to the rest he talked about.

“Well it looks like you’re all healed up and good to go” he smiled.

I instantly beamed up.

“Now you should still take it easy and not do any strenuous work. Although you’re healed, it’ll take some time for your leg to get strong again.” He warned.

“Of course Doc.” I genuinely smiled back for the first time since I’d arrived.

As soon as the cast came off I felt like a weight had been lifted, which it technically had been, that thing felt like it weighed a ton.

“Well you’re free to go. If your leg doesn’t feel better soon come back” He told me before leaving the room, leaving Charles and me alone.

“Let’s go home then?” Charles asked me.

Home, it most certainly is starting to feel like it again.

“Yes, lets.”

**********

Two more to go! O.O 

More fluff to come