Chapter Sixteen: Crash Landing

Chapter Sixteen

Sean unbuckled himself, followed by Charles and Erik, all with smiles on their faces. Hank then went to turn the jet around causing it to turn sideways again as the boys grabbed on to whatever was around them to get to the other end of the jet. They looked like monkeys swinging from vine to vine and if this situation hadn’t been so serious I would have laughed at how silly they looked.

“Hank! Level the bloody plane!” Charles yelled.

Hank did just that and soon we were stable again. Charles and Sean stood at one end of the jet and Erik was just making his way over to them when Sean stopped him.

“Whoa you back right off” he yelled holding his hand out to show he wanted him to stop.

Erik held his hands up showing defeat; I shook my head remembering the whole satellite incident.

“Beast, open the Bombay doors!” Sean yelled, calling Hank by his new code name.

The ground in front of them split open and the sound of rushing wind invaded the inside of the jet.

“Remember! This is a muscle! You control it!” Charles yelled to Sean, trying to make his voice heard over the wind. “I’ll be in here the entire time!” he moved his hands from around Sean’s neck to his own temple. “We’ll see you soon, on my mark! Three! Two! One! Go!”

Sean let out what sounded like a battle cry before jumping out of the jet and straight towards the water. He let out a scream and flew up into the air before coming back down and diving into the ocean.

I sat in my seat waiting to see what was going to happen next. I felt so hopeless at the moment, there was nothing I could do but wait until we were face to face with Shaw. I wanted to hurry up and find him but at the same time I hoped that maybe he wasn’t here and we could go home. Home, it sounded nice to be able to say that now.

The tension was starting to build as we waited to see if Sean had found Shaw’s location.  After a couple second Charles looks back up to us.

“Sean has got a location on Shaw”

Here it comes.

“You ready for this?” Charles asks looking at Erik.

“Let’s find out” He answers him.

I look over to see Erik with determination written all over his face. He was ready for this; he had been waiting for this moment all his life, to when he would face Shaw. I was a little worried about what would happen when they would face each other, of what he would do. I knew of what Shaw had done to Erik, he had told me bits of his past at times whenever I would talk to him about what had happened to me, as if to show me that I wasn’t alone. I knew he held a lot of resentment against him, I don’t blame him, if I saw the people who hurt me I honestly wasn’t sure what I would be capable of doing and that’s why I was worried for Erik, I knew he was capable of a lot more than I am. I put those thoughts into the back of my mind and focused on the task at hand.

 We hovered closer to the water and Hank opened the landing gears, so that the wheels were extended with Erik hanging on to one of them. I couldn’t see him from where I was and that worried me immensely, what if something was to happen to him and he fell off. I knew nothing like that would happen, Erik was a strong man, but in the current situation everything scared me.

The only thing that made me feel better was that Charles was at the opening on the floor looking down at him, helping him.

Everything was quiet for a moment; it was frustrating to not know what was happening. I turn over to look at Alex and saw him staring out in front of us wide eyed. I turn my gaze to see exactly what it was he was looking at and soon found myself with the same expression as his.

Out by the jet was a submarine in mid air, with Shaw in it I presume.

We began moving closer to shore with the sub moving right beside us. My expression soon changed from astonishment from what Erik had don, to worry. From the hatch in the sub we see the same man who had showed up the day we first met Shaw, Riptide, pop out and stand on top of the sub.

He then starts to spin around like he had that night and turned into a giant tornado heading straight towards us!

“Erik take my hand!” I hear Charles scream.

“Oh... Hold on guys, it’s gonna get bumpy” I hear Hank say.

I immediately grip the straps that hold me to the seat, my knuckles turning white from how hard I was holding on to them. I knew what was coming next and was not looking forward to it what-so-ever.

The tornado soon hits us and Hank fights against the tornado, trying to keep control of the jet but with no prevail as the jet starts to spin out of control. Everyone starts panicking as we spin around and I can hear a loud crash, assuming that it was from the submarine that crashed, not being able to know for sure since my eyes are shut closed.

That’s when one of the jet’s engines gets ripped off; I let out a scream, terrified of when we land. Surely this isn’t going to end well with us spinning everywhere and now having lost an engine. My eyes shoot open when I feel the jet hit the ground. The impact hitting us hard, I look around and see Erik rush over to Charles who seemed to have fallen from the impact.

Relief washes over me seeing that Erik had made it back in the jet, but all relief is soon forgotten when the jet takes to rolling to a stop. Erik lands on top of Charles using his powers to hold them in place as everything turns around them. Now I am no longer the only one screaming as everyone, including Charles and Erik, begins to yell along with me.

The plane eventually comes to a stop, stopping upside down. Sparks are flying around us, half the jet in flames, completely destroyed. Erik slowly lowers himself and Charles onto the ground, since they were in what was now the ceiling, landing with a grunt.

I start freaking out, hanging upside down trying to get free from the seat. I start pulling on the buckle each time more and more aggressively not being able to take it off. I see Alex land safely onto the ground beside me and quickly move over to where I am.

“It’s ok, it’s ok. I’ll get you down.” As soon as I hear his voice I seem to calm down and let go of the buckle to let him work on getting me free.

And just as he said not even a minute later the straps are off of me and I can get down. I immediately go and hug Alex holding on to him as if he were my life support and he quickly responds holding me back. He pulls away after a bit and holds me at arm’s length, cupping my cheeks and coming down to my level.

“Are you ok?” He asks worry clear in his voice.

“Yeah…. yeah I’m fine.” I tell him, still shaking a bit from our crash landing. Everyone starts getting, Charles running to Moira of course but what surprises me is how Erik rushes over quickly to help Raven. I would have never imaged them together but now looking at them it kind of made sense; sorry Hank.

“I read the teleporter’s mind; Shaw’s drawing out all the power out of his sub. He’s turning himself into a nuclear bomb.” Charles says moving over to a part of the jet that had a piece missing so he could look out towards where the sub was.

“Alright this is what we’re going to do. Moira get to the radio tell them to get both leagues out immediately.”

“I’m going in!” Erik interrupts.

“Beast, Havok back him up. Erik I can guide you through once you’re in but I NEED you to turn off whatever’s blocking me from him and then we just pray to God that it’s not too late for me to stop him.” Charles continues. “Good luck!” he yells.

So it begins.

*********

So so so so so sorry I haven't uploaded in a long time. Been busy :(

I want to thank the people who have been reading my story and commenting on how they like it. It means a lot to know there are people who enjoy my story, thank you for the amazing comments they make my day haha :)