Chapter Twenty-Four: Date Night

Chapter Twenty-Four

“Well don’t you look happy” Alex commented as I walked into the living room.

“Why yes, yes I am. If you haven’t noticed my cast is finally off.” I gleamed.

“Why don’t we celebrate?” He offered.

“And what exactly do you have in mind?” I asked him.

He gave me a sly grin as he got up off the couch and made his way over to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into him.

“Well, we could go out on a date”

My face lit up at the idea of a date, we had been together for a while now but we had never gone out on a proper date before. I wondered what it was like to go on a date; I had no idea what to expect, all I knew was that it was something two people that cared about each other did from what Raven had  told me.

“What are we gonna do?!” I asked excitedly.

“Hm, how about we go watch a movie and then maybe dinner after? I still have money from a couple of odd jobs I did for Charles and Eric…” he trailed off as he noticed my expression change at the mention of Eric. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to-”

“It’s ok” I cut him off, “It sounds like a wonderful idea… But what about my eyes, what if people were to see them?” I asked worried.

“Don’t worry no one will see them, it’ll be dark anyways and if anything were to happen I’ll be there to protect you” he told me squeezing me harder.

“Well aren’t you my knight in shining armor.” I told him as I placed a kiss on his cheek before escaping from his grasp to hurry up to my room to start getting ready for our date. Just saying it made me more excited.

I quickly jumped in the shower and started washing my hair as I thought of what to wear. A dress would be too much, plus I didn’t own many to begin with. It was still early spring so it was fairly cold out, especially at night so a skirt was also out of the question. I finally decided on just going in something more casual and warm but still “date” worthy as I got out of the shower and went into my room. Looking through my closet I settled with some light jeans and a white oversized knitted sweater along with my brown combat boots and burgundy scarf.

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled at what I saw. I then proceeded to fixing my hair; I pulled it up, putting it into a messy bun with just the right amount of strands coming out. I then got my sun glasses out and placed them on top of my nose before leaving my room and heading towards Alex’s knowing he was most likely still getting ready.

It was barely five in the afternoon so the sun was still out but probably not for long. As I reached Alex’s door, I lifted my hand up so my sweater would fall down revealing my hand so I could knock on his door. Just as I was about to knock though, the door opened revealing a very handsome looking Alex. He had dark jeans and a white shirt on underneath his black leather jacket. He even combed his hair, I giggled as I walked closer to him taking in his scent. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek.

“You look very handsome tonight” I told him.

“So do you, well not handsome of course but beautiful. Well not that you aren’t already beautiful, you look beautifuller. I mean, not fuller, you don’t look fuller, but more beautiful.” He gave me a small smile while sighing. “Sorry, I’m a little nervous. You look breath taking love.”

I giggled at him. “Thank you”

“Shall we go?” he asked, leading me out of the doorway and towards the stairs.