Circumstances

Dallas POV

I was out patrolling the pack, After surveying 5 miles around the border, I could see that everything was okay, So I went back to camp and transformed into my human,

I took the buggy and drove myself back home, it was late in the evening when I got home, opening the door with the key in my hand. It was dark inside, it serves as a reminder that I lived alone.

When I think back how this place was fill with happiness, I was just a kid but I could remember vividly how my dad and mom were in love, my little brother would always follow my dad out to train. My mom would stay home and cook.

All of these memories mean nothing now, my dad and my mom's relationship was a sham as far as I'm concern, they where never mates, Mom got knocked up with me so he married her.

My dad left the moment he found his mate. Left the pack behind and me. It was not even a month since my mom died, I know he didn't plan it but in my eyes he was just waiting for my mom to die.

And to make matters more complicated my little bro is still not taking to my dad because the guy that's my dads mate is his boyfriend or in this case was his boyfriend.

My head hurts when I think about the mess that is my family.

So I'm all alone in this big empty house, I took a seat in what use to be my dad's chair and drink some whiskey, "here's to all the people that life had gone bad," I said as I made a toast.

Lamar POV

"Wake up sport," I say to gray to get him up, he turns and slowly he gets up.

"Squirt go brush your teeth I'm gonna make breakfast, is there anything you want to request?" I ask him.

He takes a moment to answer, he just on my shoulder and says, "Waffles." "Okay waffles it is then," I tell him.

He jumps up and down in my embrace and smiles, clearly happy he got his way, I let him down and he heads to the bathroom.

I went ahead to prepare breakfast for him, after we ate I brought him to the preschool we visited yesterday.

So I drove him to school and kissed him goodbye, before he walked away he ran and have me a big hug, "I love yo.. Uncle Lamar," he says.

This most be how the Grinch felt because my heart just grew in size,  "I love you too squirt," I tell him. "Now go to school before your late," I say.

After ensuring he's through the school gate I enter my car and start to drive, I've been in this small town for 2 weeks, it was nice here, I don't think they will find use here so easily.

"Maybe we could do six months here and move on," I convince myself.

I'm running low on funds, the little money I had saved up working as a bartender was used up. I haven't work in the past 6 months because I'm afraid that they will show up and kill me like they did Stewart.

So I have to be hiding, I came here because its werewolf country here, they wouldn't dear step foot on pack land, so I decided to cool out here a bit and find a job.

I was reading that the bar on flag street was hiring, so after dropping off gray, I went there and did an interview, the lady that own this place she is a plump woman in her fifties but she didn't looked it because she was hard as nail, We went over some stuff and she decided to hire me to be the bartender on weekends and Mondays.

I was happy because soon I would have an income, the only thing left was to get somewhere to stay so we can move out of the motel in town. 

In a long times things where looking up for us and I was genuine happy.

Author's notes please read and if your nerd like me enjoy.

This a continuation of the first lone star pack book.

Oh yeah I own own none of these pictures, they belong to there respective parties.

Drum roll please here are our stars.

Dallas McAllen Picture

Lamar Spellman picture