12

I went home and Camille was already at my house. I forgot she had a spare key.

"Hey! I'm early. What's up?" She was sitting on my couch with a bag of chips watching American Horror Story.

I grabbed the remote, turned the television off and grabbed the chips from her. 

"Oh! This should be good."

"Okay, I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now and I haven't told anyone else for obvious reasons, but- I met someone at school."

"Vivienne don't tell me you're dating h-"

"No! No, we are just friends. He's the only friend I have and the only one who hasn't treated me any different than the other students. I invited him to tomorrow night's event." 

"Vivienne are you crazy?  You've only known-"

"Otis. His name is Otis."

"You've only known Otis for such a short amount of time. And suddenly you're exposing him to your personal life like that? Do you realize how careful you have to be? You're not like the other girls, Vivienne. You're really not and I know it's a hard pill to swallow for you, but you just have to accept it."

"I know that, but I don't even think Otis knew who I was on the first day of school. It almost seems like he disregards the fact that I'm a 'celebrity.' Plus,  he doesn't really have any friends either at school. I don't know, I feel in some aspect we are similar. Just give him a chance. Meet him and see what you think."

Camille was silent. "Okay, sure. Only because he's your friend." 

"I love you! I can't wait for you to meet him tomorrow."

"Aren't we all?" Camille laughed. 

"I'm so happy. The event starts at 8 and we have wardrobe, hair, and makeup at 4, so he should meet us at the hotel at around 5 pm?"

"Vivienne, I just want to know one thing. Are you sure you're not being so nice to him because you like him?"