4

I didn't see Otis for the rest of the day. I sped towards my car after the last bell rang and drove home. I could feel myself dozing off, so I stopped to get some unsweetened black iced coffee to wake myself up. 

I called my mom as soon as I got home-she still lived back home in Las Vegas and I lived part time on my own, while other days my best friend Camille would stay with me. 

"Hello? Hi Mom!" 

"Hi sweetie! How was your first day of school?" 

"Just like I expected. They wouldn't leave me alone."

"Aw it's okay sweetie, give it time. It's a new environment for you. You'll adjust and so will everyone else. Have fun! Love you." 

"Love you too, mom. Bye." I hung up and sat on my couch. I knew I complained too much about it, but I wanted a normal school day to go learn and come back- and make some friends while I was at it. 

iMessage- Camille 

So how was it?

Me: It was weird. 

Camille: let me guess, they asked for pics. 

Me: How'd you know?

Camille: did u make any new friends at least?

Me: Not yet. I talked to a couple of people here and there but nothing too major yet.

I didn't want to tell Camille about Otis yet. Were we even considered friends? What if he didn't want to be friends? 

I took out my laptop and texted my manager to schedule a day where we could sit down and reply to all of the new emails I had, and there were a lot of them. 

I opened my twitter and looked through who my new followers were-yes, I actually looked through all of mine-and one stood out in particular. 

otisslayer17 followed you