56

We left early the next morning. Otis insisted that we leave the night we booked the hotel, but Nick was the one driving, who was already exhausted. 

We left at 5:30 am, each taking one suitcase and a backpack. Nick was a fast driver on the freeway, and Otis was holding on to the grab handles like his life depended on it (with Nick's driving, it might have, actually.) We

"How long is the drive?" He asked. 

"About 5 hours, so sit tight, Otis." He glanced at him through his rearview. I was sitting in the passenger's seat in the front, gazing out the window. Nick reached over and placed his hand on my thigh, and quickly pulled away.

"A-are you okay?" He stuttered. "You're quiet."

"I'm fine. Just enjoying the drive." For someone who triggered the entire internet, I was very calm. I said what I said, and I meant every syllable. There is no reason for me to release any kind of 'statement,' or some form of bullshit apology that celebrities do when they're caught red-handed. I only spoke my truth and nothing but the truth. 

"I've never been to this area. I'm actually looking forward to it." Otis called from the back seat.

"It's supposed to be.. quiet. Very quiet. Very Otis." Nick laughed. 

________________________________________________________________________________

The drive was the most fun I've had in a while, and I can certainly say that for all three of us. We laughed, sang along to Broadway show tunes and 80's rock. We stopped for coffee and warm pastries, seeing who made their coffee the tastiest way. 

"One more hour to go!" Nick cheered. By now, the sun was fully out. I rolled down the windshield and stuck my head out like an eager puppy. The cool breeze swam across my face, leaving it cold to the touch. I rolled the window back up and turned to Nick so he could catch a glimpse of my messed up hair.

"Have you gone on your social media yet?" Otis asked. 

"No. I don't want to disturb my piece. Whatever is going on, it's not good. Amy hasn't called, nor have her little minions. I haven't heard from anyone yet. 

Otis pulled out his phone and scrolled. "You're still one of the top trending topics worldwide. Shit, this is great. Everyone's on your side, Vivienne." He showed me the posts fans have been making about me and got very emotional. People were listening. People were starting to care. 

"Maybe.. Amy doesn't know yet." I suggested. Nick gave me the most dramatic eye roll.

"Amy? Not finding out shit? On what planet because that's where I want to go." Nick chuckled. "Come on, Vivienne. You've known her long enough. She's probably scheming something to demolish our career or planning out her apology." Nick had accepted the fact that Amy was going to comment, and it wasn't going to be pretty.

We began to pull into the driveway of the Williamson Hotel. It was a smaller, intimate hotel with 4 floors. We walked into the lobby, where there was a hanging crystal chandelier and a fireplace, giving cozy living room vibes. The smell of sweet candles and shampoo filled the room. 

The only other person there was the front desk clerk. He was average height, rather thin. His golden blonde hair was swept to the side. "Hello, checking in?" He greeted.

"Yes. Marissa Williams, Kurt J-"

"Do you have an ID?" He asked. We all turned to look at each other. 

"Is there a problem, ma'am?" He was confused.

"I- I'm checking in under a different name." 

Well, do any of you feel comfortable showing me your ID? I can place you in under a different name, but I have to see your ID." He insisted. 

Otis moved up and handed him his. "Here, use mine. Can we have our key?"

We headed up to our suite on the top floor. It was secluded, our room being the only one. The interior was jaw-dropping. The interior was beautifully furnished with brown leather couches with blankets set on top. There was a fireplace in the living room and a beautiful glass coffee table in front of it. There was a separate room with a Queen-size bed and an interior bathroom. Another bed occupied the corner of the room, away from the living area. 

"This is absolutely beautiful." We walked around the suite once more. I couldn't help but gaze at the living room.

"That guy almost had us. Otis, you're a life saver." Nick patted his back and sat down on the couch. 

"This suite is nicer than my entire house." Otis called out from the bedroom. 

"Let's get something to eat. And bring a jacket. It's cold here." I replied. "I just need a few minutes to unwind. I'll be back."

"I headed to the restroom, shut the door and washed my hands. I wet my face with cold water to wake up a bit. I felt safe being away from the city, but was anxious. For what was happening online and everything that's about to occur. I up and left with two guys I've barely known for a few months and here we were, in a hotel suite in a town that I had no idea existed, surrounded by nature and a few residents.

I came back, grabbed my jacket and we all head out. 

"I saw a restaurant down the street. We can eat there." Nick suggested. 

We headed down towards the lobby. The same clerk was there, watching us leave. Another guest entered the lobby and took the elevator up.

The restaurant was nicer than I'd expected. It was similar to Panera Bread, serving mainly soups, salads and sandwiches. We sat down at a booth and scanned the menu. 

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm liking this place. I can get used to it." Otis laughed. 

"It's not that bad, actually. Give me a few more days and I'll get really comfortable." I sat back in the booth, my hands crossed.

Suddenly, Nick's phone began to ring. 

"Who is it?"

"I don't know. I don't recognize the number." He showed me the screen. The numbers looked familiar, but I couldn't make out whose it was. 

My phone began to ring right after. "It's the same number."

"Answer it." Nick panicked. 

"No, don't-" Otis called out. "Just wait."

The number called again. "What do I do?" 

I let it ring. "Maybe they'll leave a message. Whoever it is knows both of us. This can't be good."

Maybe: Camille: Vivienne. It's Camille. I know you don't want to hear from me right now, but call me when you can. Please.