15.

"Well, I'm calling it a day," Jackie stifled a yawn as she juggled with her coat, bag and coffee cup. Sje checked her watch. "I've gotta set some stuff up with the agency and all so yeah, see you boys tomorrow!" Jackie called out with a wave as she disappeared into the elevator as soon as they reached their hotel, leaving the two boys behind.

After a few seoncds of awkward silence, "So," Harry spun around awkwardly, kicking imaginary dust, grinning at Liam. "You hungry?"

Liam smiled, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket. "If you're paying then sure."

Harry mock-gasped, laying a hand on his heart. "Why, Liam! Are you saying yes to having dinner with me?"

Liam rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless. "I kinda missed you," he said simply, mussing Harry's curls as both boys took off in the direction of the buffet cafeteria, Harry smiling goofily at Liam's words.

Sure, both of them were more than happy that their bantering relationship was back. Harry, being his cheeky self and trying to rouse something out of his bodyguard, and Liam, pretending not to be amused by Harry's antics.

But of course, during all that, there were some unidentified feelings surfacing, which both lads were too scared to face or ever bring up. At least not yet.

***

Liam snorted a laugh. "So you actually just dismissed her? And she didn't say anything?" 

Harry rolled his eyes, as he dug into his gorgeous piece of fudge cake. "Like hell she did. The clingy bitch still wanted to get together, and I told her straight up that I know what she wants. She wanted to use me again," Harry said softly, and Liam sighed.

"Well she's gone for good now, I've a feeling. And you did the right thing. Telling the truth and not letting Hilary's words get to you. And I know what you're thinking. Not everyone wants to use you, Harry. Many people genuinely care about you," Liam said fervently, locking his eyes with Harry's across the table, and Harry was frozen, fork in mid-air, and Liam was more surprised than Harry at the words that came out of his mouth.

Harry snapped out of it, swiftly getting out of his seat. Liam briskly followed him, catching. "Wait! What did I do now?" Liam demanded, confused. Liam had followed the curly haired boy to the open-space balcony of the hotel, and they were surprisingly at a very secluded corner.  

Harry shook his head softly, looking up at the sky full of stars. "Nothing. You did nothing. Just. You can't say things like that to me Liam, not when you want us to remain professional and all. Or semi-professional. Whatever," Harry shook his head.

"What did I say?"

Harry met Liam's confused brown eyes with a sigh. "I just- forget it. I was looking to much into it," Harry laughed un-naturally. 

"But I do care, Harry. You know that. I'm still mad at myself for not comforting you that night of the party," Liam said, looking ahead but not meeting Harry's eyes, and Harry was shaking his head, because fuck, here Liam goes again.

Harry was cursing himself for two reasons. One, for reacting that way to Liam's words in the first place. Liam meant it in a simple way. He was trying to comfort Harry that he has many people who care for him. Like his family, his fans. Not himself. 

And second, for actually hoping for more. Hoping for Liam to tell him that he cared, he actually really cared and not because it was his job. Sure, Harry sounded pathetic by now, but he was slowly realising that he didn't care about that. He never did. His stupid feelings had went too far.