07.

(unedited)

Harry Styles tightened the knot of the black and white bandana holding back his hair, smiling at his reflection in satisfaction. Rolling up the sleeves of his cover up red flannel shirt, he assessed himself in the mirror, deeming his outfit acceptable for a pool party.

Harry was looking forward to this party, because this was going to be one of the very few chances he'll get to be on his own without a bodyguard.

Now, don't get him wrong. Harry loved having Liam around, loved teasing him and loved having a challenge around. Because Liam was a challenge. And Harry was going to make Liam not hate him eventually... or maybe even more.

Sometimes, Harry didn't like the fact that Jackie had hired Liam as his permanent personal bodyguard when Harry is to attend public events. But then again, Harry himself had given Liam's reference to Jackie, because Liam had needed a client and ASAP.

But today, Liam had gotten a day off and Harry was both surprised and glad that Jackie was trusting Harry enough. And the whole reason why he had needed a personal bodyguard in the first place was because Harry almost always tended to get himself in... sticky situations.

And now when Harry was tumblr-famous, his protection was even more necessary.

But not today, because this was a VIP access party. Harry was elated when he'd found out that he'd conveniently be in London at the time of one of his best friends Nick Grimshaw's legendary bi-annual pool party. So he had ringed Nick up the moment he landed, and was now on his way to said party.

Checking the time on his wrist watch, Harry smiled. It was almost 8 PM, just a few hours had elasped after their flight jad landed.

As his phone pinged, Harry skimmed Nick's next, who was waiting for him downstairs. Pocketing his phone and wallet, he checked his reflection one last time as he exited his hotel room.

Padding down the corridor, Harry decided to pester Liam one more time before he left. As so, Harry changed his course and made his way down the hall, taking a left and minutes later, he was standing in front of Liam's hotel room.

Smirking, he knocked on the door, but recieved no answer. After hanging around for a few more minutes, Harry shrugged, thinking Liam must have left. Oh well. He was getting late for the party.

•••

On another street in London, Liam rung the doorbell of a three storey house. He pulled his overcoat tighter as a gust of chilly wind blew.

About a minute later, the door opened to reveal a smiling brunette who raised an eyebrow at Liam.

"Uh, does Zayn Malik live here? Am I in the right place?" Liam trailed off unsurely. It wasn't like Zayn to give someone a faux address to mess them up.

The brunette smiled wider. "No, this is the right place. He's upstairs. I think he just got in," the said, opening the door wider for Liam who stepped behind him.

"Thanks..."

"Dylan."

Liam smiled. "Thanks Dylan. So, uh, do you and Zayn share the house?" Liam asked, looking around. Because Zayn had always lived with apartments before, never alone. He was a people person, believe it or not.

Liam, Zayn and a few other assassins of the agency they worked for in the past shared a house, and after that, Zayn had shared an apartment with his boyfriend Louis Tomlinson for a few months, who lived in New York.

And now, Zayn had moved away from NYC about six months ago, and resided here in London because of his teaching job at the University of Arts.

"Zayn lives upstairs while this here is my space. And then above Zayn's floor is another mate of mine. Saves money," Dylan grinned, and Liam nodded in agreement. Bidding Dylan a friendly goodbye, Liam traipsed up the narrow stairs.