25.

Harry crossed over his cat sprawled on the door, trudging to his door at 10 AM in the morning. He opened it, rubbing his eyes wearily with his sweatshirt covered palm, his hair up in a messy bun.

"Hey." Harry froze for a second, then smiled at the sight of Liam standing at his door. He idly wondered how many times he had wished this scenario had came true the past few months. And now it had. And Harry still didn't quite have any idea on how to go about with this. With wherever they stood.

"Liam. Hi," Harry replied, still returning Liam's bright smile, his heart fluttering because yes, Liam had actually apologized and they were working on whatever they both felt and wanted a go at this and basically yes, they were doing much better now than they were a few months ago.

It seemed silly, but it honestly felt like over the past five months, they had both grown so much mentally. They were behaving like teenaged idiots back then, being stubborn and acting solely on emotions. But that actually did them good in the long run, come to think of it.

It may sound crazy, but through all that teasing and stubborn-ness (mostly on Liam's part but) and sexual tension, they had somewhere managed to fall for each other.

In that short month and a few weeks, Harrry had been gone for Liam. Alright, he had had a crush on the bloke when he first laid eyes on him, and it was purely attraction when Harry was making flirty passes at Liam, but when things got a little personal, Harry felt like he could relate to the older lad.

And he still does feel like that. He wants to be the one to help Liam get better again, and he still can't wrap his mind around the fact that Liam thinks that Harry actually helped him improve.

And Harry is up for helping him so much more, of course. But baby steps of course. They both aren't idiots. They know they are attracted to each other, physcially and a tad emotionally as well, and, well, they are just working on it.

Liam rubbed the nape of his neck. "Well I came to say goodbye I guess," Liam said softly, and Harry's face fell.

Which brought them back to the matter of Liam leaving Pasadena and going back to Los Angeles. And of why Harry didn't want him to leave just yet.

He knew it of course. Liam had been here on a short business trip to meet with a potential client and now he had to get back. Sure, Liam would be just a short train ride away but still.

"Um, okay. Yeah. We'll talk and stuff and yeah," Harry said slowly, fiddling with the sleeves of his sweatshirt. He looked up, green eyes locking with brown.

"When's your train?" He asked, inviting Liam in.

"At five in the evening," Liam replied, looking around Harry's sparse apartment.

"Do you want to stay here 'til then?"

Harry was more surprised than Liam at the words that came out of his mouth.

Liam blinked, then smiled with a shrug. "Sure. I already checked out of the hotel. Was planning on doing a little sight seeing," he elaborated, and only then Harry took notice of the duffle bag now laid by Liam's boots clad feet. Well excuse him for being distracted by Liam Payne in a flannel and tanktop.

"Do you want anything to eat? Coffee maybe?" Harry offered, turning the coffee maker on.

"Sure," Liam nodded.

"I still didn't have breakfast," Harry chuckled shyly and Liam laughed.

"Of course you didn't. Always the late riser. Had to haul your ass out of bed every time," Liam teased.