23.

Rubbing his hands together nervously, Liam leaned against the trunk of an old tree, casting his chocolate brown gaze around the lush green park. A soft wind whistled past; the atmosphere was just perfect for late September, neither too hot nor too humid.

Liam shuffled his feet as he waited for Harry, the dead leaves crunching beneath his suede boots. The brunette emitted a small sigh as he absent-mindedly observed an old lady feeding pigeons some bread crumbs, the birds flocking around her feet and searching for their food amongst the dead leaves.

A few minutes passed, and Liam pulled his phone out. It was already 15 minutes past 6 PM, and Liam wondered if Harry forgot. That, or maybe he didn't even want to come here and talk to Liam again. Liam doesn't blame him if Harry wanted that.

Liam pulled up Harry's contact, his thumb hovering over his name. Harry had unblocked Liam's contact yesterday and texted him just a simple okay which had made Liam more hopeful for today's meeting.

The sun was about to set soon, the park turning darker and darker. Liam replaced his phone back in the pocket of his hoodie.

The cruching of leaves made his ears perk up, and Liam looked up from his shoes to see Harry walking towards him as his breath caught and simply put, he looked like an angel in a modern hipster angel disguise with a simple white shirt, black painted-on skinnes and a long black overcoat.

His long hair was up in a bun, and Harry tucked a rouge strand behind his hair he softly smiled at Liam, who returned it with a wider one. Liam's heart lurched, noticing how Harry visibly looked better than than he did yesterday; his smile seemed more genuine.

And Harry did feel better than he was, all those months ago. The green eyed boy refused to admit it, but he knew it had something to do with meeting Liam again. Liam, who looked so unfairly hot in his usual blue jeans and a casual grey hoodie ensemble, not to mention the stubble.

"Hey. So, uh let's sit?" Harry said awkwardly, his large hands tucked in the pockets of his coat as he tried not to check Liam out.

Liam chuckled, still a bit nervous. "Yeah, sure."

Both boys walked over and plopped down on the weathered and creaky bench nestled underneath the canopy of a shady tree. The spot was eerie, and coupled with the mystical hour of dusk, the ambience of the moment was strangely attractive, and both boys noticed it.

"This is such a cool place," Liam said, looking up towards the tree, and Harry murmured in agreement, but his gaze focused on Liam's features, his heart beating fast, realising that he missed Liam, so very much. All the feelings that he'd tried to supress for the bodyguard, all those months away were slowly coming back to the surface, and again, Harry was finding himself ready to give Liam another chance.

Harry was tired of this. He was tired of hurting himself. He wanted to take the risk with Liam again. He has no guarantee if Liam would hurt him again, but he's willing to take it.

That is, if Liam even wants him back now. Liam has probably moved on from Harry and his clingy self now, probably has a gorgeous assassin girlfriend or boyfriend. Liam must have been calling him just so they could be friends again.

Harry shook his head. He won't know unless he asks.

"So, um do you have someone in your life now?" Harry blurted out, and restrained the urge to slap a hand over his mouth. Why did he had to ask that?!

Liam was taken aback. "I- uh, no. No, not really. No," Liam said, firmer this time and Harry breathed an unintentional sigh of relief.

"What about you?" Liam asked and Harry said "Nope," and Liam nodded.