27.

Sunlight hit his face as Harry slowly blinked his eyes open, and the first thing he registered after the drowsiness cleared is that for once, he was not alone in his own bed, but had his head resting on a muscular chest, arm loosely draped on their stomach.

Harry slowly lifted himself in a sitting position, staring at Liam with a smile on his face that he just couldn't erase, his cheeks flushed.

Yesterday had been amazing. Harry knew that somehow, them being the most intimate they could be, confirmed all the doubts in both their minds. Sure, both of them were still idiots but were going to work through this, and yes, they really did want to start all over again.

And having sex was a pretty good start.

Harry had no idea what would happen to them from here. Hell, Liam could even get up and freak out about them sleeping together, tell Harry he needs time and catches the next bus home.

But surprisingly, Harry would be okay with that. Not perfectly okay, but he'll live. Unlike before, when he'd just felt that he was the unluckiest in love and everything. Liam had also taught Harry a lot about himself among many other things. And Harry knew he made Liam realise a lot of things the bloke never knew about himself.

But he hoped Liam would stay. He wanted him to stay. Really really wanted Liam to stay true to his words and have a go at this. What's the worse that could happen? They both sucked at this relationship, they could be horrid at it together.

Liam stirred, slowly opening his brown eyes. He yawned, then met gazes with a smitten Harry who was admiring how beautiful and... fitting Liam looked in his bed, all ruffled hair and squinty eyes and sexy nakedness.

"Hey," Harry hummed, his heart beating fast, crossing his fingers under the bedsheets for Liam to not freak out.

But the bloke did the exact opposite, smiling like the freaking sun and pulling Harry down for a sweet but chaste morning kiss.

And yes, it was morning. Early morning. After Liam had showed up at Harry's doorstep late in the afternoon, they had just talked everything out and.. Physically expressed their feelings, Liam of course missing his bus but that was the least of their concerns.

And so Liam had crashed at Harry's house, and was now in his bed, lazily smiling up at Harry. "Hey, morning," Liam said.

"You want breakfast?" Harry asked, Liam carding his fingers though the bloke's hair.

"I do if we make it together," Liam said cheekily, making Harry laugh.

"Wow, Liam Payne being romantic. Never thought I'd see the day."

"I just feel like it. I've been having a really great day. Just trying to see if I can keep it up," Liam said softly, kissing Harry again as he put on one of Harry's shirt that were a bit tight for his muscular frame but Harry loved it.

And for now, both of them decided to enjoy their seemingly perfect day, not breaching the impending topic of where the stood now. It really could wait, Harry thought, as Liam locked their fingers together and pulled him towards his kitchen, where it had all started.

•••

"Seriously babe, just flip it!" Harry laughed in amusement, looking over his shoulder as Liam struggled to flip the pancake. Harry shook his head. This guy weilded guns, but couldn't flip a damn pancake.

"What if it splats on my face!"

Adorable idiot.

Harry, still in just his boxers, finished setting their table, and wrapped his lanky arms around Liam's waist, leaning his chin on the boy's shoulder.