Bonus Chapter pt. 2

Chris

Landon brought me on top of Hollywood Hill. I don't know what got stuck inside that head of his for bringing me here but I sure wasn't pleased. I wanted to just curl up in a ball in my room and stay like that forever.

I glared at him when he leaned over the railing. He had a small smile on his lips.

"What?" He asked, innocently.

"I feel like throwing you off this hill," I said, calmly but deadly.

"Really?" His tone filled with humor.

"Yes, really." I snapped. "I'm supposed to be sleeping. Or curled up in my bed learning more clues about dad. Or just moping. That works too." I rambled, slightly out of breath.

"That's exactly the reason why I brought you here. You need some fresh air. If not in school then in here. I think this is the best place to think." Landon said.

I stayed silent.

He sighed before running a hand through his hair making it look even messier than before. "Look, I can't... I can't stand looking at you not taking care of yourself because you're obsessed with wanting to know more about your dad. It hurts me to see you like that." He said. "Look, don't get mad at me for saying this but, whatever you do, it's not going to bring him back," he added.

We stayed silent for a moment.

I decided to break it by saying, "I'm not obsessed. I just... I want to be able to get to know him better. I never had that chance, okay? You did. And it's not the same. I lost him once, temporarily and now he's gone for eternity. How can you live with that? Losing a parent twice. And the worst part... he had to die in front of me."

I shook my head.

"I don't sleep because that's the only thing I see every time I close my eyes. I have nightmares of him leaving. And I can't handle it, knowing that it's true." I sniffed as a stray tear fell down my cheek. "You could leave anytime and I wouldn't be able to handle it," I whispered, softly.

The next thing I know, Landon was wiping my tear with his finger and started to caress my cheek.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you felt that way." He whispered softly.

I looked up to meet his eyes, the eyes that I'd recognize anywhere.

I sighed and shook my head. "It doesn't matter. You're right. Whatever I do, it isn't going to bring him back." I said.

Before I could look away, Landon brought me closer to him and wrapped his arm around my waist while the other rested at the back of my head.

He rested his chin at the top of my head before saying, "I'll never leave you. I'll be right here, I promise."

I smiled for the first time since he brought me here. I was wearing the clothes Landon picked out for me so when a gust of wind blew past us, I shivered.

Landon noticed and took off his dark blue hoodie and draped it around my shoulders. I stared at him in surprise, not used to this side of him. He raised his eyebrows at me before stepping behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

I felt all giddy and warm all over. I leaned my head on his strong chest and for the first time in a few weeks, I felt relaxed, carefree, and... happy.

Landon kissed the top of my head. "It's good to finally talk to you, even if you still feel like throwing me off this hill," he whispered into my ear.

I laugh quietly.

Landon's hold tightened around me. "I love you." My heart jumped and did somersaults. "Please get that inside your head. And I do hope you know that. I may not be able to fill your father's place but please know that I'm here and, once again, I'm not going to leave you. I'm not going anywhere, not in a million years." He said in so much sincerity that I had to hold my breath.

Tears prickled my eyes but I kept it in, thankful he couldn't see me.

He kissed my neck and rested his chin on my shoulder. "It's okay if you don't feel the same way. Either way, I'm still going to fight for you and-"

I turned around to face him, putting my hand over his mouth to shut him up. And it did. He stared at me and I did the same to him, a small smile on my lips.

When I took my hand off he continued. "And that boy your going to-"

I kissed him. I could feel him smile... bastard.

When I pulled away I flashed him a genuine smile and bit my lip, staring into his beautiful eyes.

"I love you, too."

And that's all it took.

~ o ~

HELLO :)

I'm planning on putting a chapter about Jess and Lucas. Whatcha guys think? :)

Anyways... vote or comment if you people have some problems with this chapter. Do you like it? I really hope you guys did.

Tell me if you have any suggestions. I would really appreciate it. I need inspiration haha.

See yah! :)

- Rain <3